Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I have been missing something in trying to tell the difference between an 03 and 04 Accord. Obviously, I can tell the 05's because of their all red tail lights but am never sure if I'm looking at an 03 or an 04.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The XM antenna dont think the 03 had the option..:dunno: they look pretty much the same i think. But since i own a 04 im just gonna say its better:lmao::thmsup:

·
Wave Interference
189 Posts
Just wondering if I have been missing something in trying to tell the difference between an 03 and 04 Accord. Obviously, I can tell the 05's because of their all red tail lights but am never sure if I'm looking at an 03 or an 04.
They are the same exterior design, but in 2004 XM Satellite Radio was added as an option, and side curtain air bags became standard on models with leather interiors.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,723 Posts
The only difference, that you can easily see, is the 04 has the XM antenna on the roof next to the rear windshield. Not sure if every 04 had XM, maybe the lower end models don't. 05 is easy, because they have the all red tail lights.

·
Call me Nego
215 Posts
The only difference, that you can easily see, is the 04 has the XM antenna on the roof next to the rear windshield. Not sure if every 04 had XM, maybe the lower end models don't. 05 is easy, because they have the all red tail lights.
Can you find me a picture of those tail lights? I'm assuming you're talking about the Coupe; am I wrong?

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,723 Posts
Can you find me a picture of those tail lights? I'm assuming you're talking about the Coupe; am I wrong?
Nope, I forget Accord Coupes exist sometimes. I don't know if they made any visual changes on the Coupe in 05. I doubt it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is no different between 03 and 04 for LX or below model. The only difference is on the EX or EXL with the XM antenna as XM radio come standard for the EX and above. Other than that, may be some new exterior colors. The 04 also does not require the AT modification to reduce wear on the 2nd gear with the jet kit.

·
1,655 Posts
We bought our '04 new - EX - fabric seats, 5 speed manual.

It has no XM amtenna AND it has front and rear side airbags. Our sales guy said it was a pretty rare combination.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.