Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

As my car gets old - just wondering.

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rattmann 
#1 ·
At 9 months and 12K miles....

The suspension does feel a bit floaty. When it was newer, I felt the car was very controlled, tight, to a point I would almost say performance springs are not necessary to push the car a bit harder.

The exhaust note seems to be a bit louder. The sound used to be like Lexus quiet with excessive tire noise. Now, I can hear a bit more sweetness of the V6. Not the Z/G35 sound, but a more engaged vs total isolation of before.

Were these common thoughts you noticed at the same time and mileage?

Or is it all in my head? :dunno:

#3 ·
I never felt the stock suspension was that tight but before I lowered it at around 9 months it felt no looser than when new. Different engine but I don't notice any real difference in the exhaust sound from new to now (~25k miles @ ~2.5 yrs). The interior is quieter only because I've fixed all the squeaks and rattles except for the glove box. OEM tires were louder when replaced at 18k than when new. New tires are much quieter.

#5 ·
check your tire pressure? i've got 25k miles and have driven everywhere from DC, MD, IL, NY and Canada so ive hit just about every kind of road and the suspension still feels the same, albeit now i have the 22mm RSB so much better on turns...

#6 ·
My car feels and sounds the same as day one when I got it with 3 miles on it. Ilove the way this car feels. When I want sporty it let's me be sports. But when I just want a smooth Sunday like ride it giveaway me that so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.