Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been out of circulation in northern New Zealand for a little, so sorry for the lack of input. To get internet access I had to drive an all wheel drive vehicle to the top of a hill and hot spot to a mobile tower 25 miles away. (see photos)

We released FlashPro Manager 2.9.4 recently with stage 2 for the AT. The dyno results are great, with up to 20HP more top end than stage 1. One thing that puzzles us is that the AT made more peak power (304 hp) than the MT. We checked the Honda parts database for differences and couldn't find any parts differences that could have contributed. We kept midrange torque down between 3000 and 4500 rpm by using the torque limit tables.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
AT 2.0 stages 1and 2

Thank you! Did you guys limit torque for transmission safety? Would upping it more cause issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Doug -

Super excited to see you all release Flashpro for the Accord. I had it with my 8th gen SI and if you recall, I was the one who helped with the product comparison between FlashPro and Cobb AccessPort way back when!

I’m purchasing a 2.0t 10AT this weekend and had a few questions I’m hoping you wouldn’t mind answering:

1). I believe I saw you recommend a trans cooler if running the flash on AT. Can you confirm, and if so, what and where would you recommend?

2). Are the gain in the videos from the manual or auto version?

3). What is there difference between the CARB $495 version and the performance/competition $695 one?

4) how much would you recommend We break the cars in before flashing? 500 miles?

Appreciate your responses in advance. So excited to get back into Honda tuning and seeing you guys supporting the Accord. You guys are flat out awesome!!

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you! Did you guys limit torque for transmission safety? Would upping it more cause issues?
Yes. We kept the torque increase to around 15% over stock. Upping it would cause a lot more wheelspin!

Hi Doug -

I’m purchasing a 2.0t 10AT this weekend and had a few questions I’m hoping you wouldn’t mind answering:
Hi Pete. Love this car. Thinking of upgrading my CVT Civic to the 10AT.

1)I did (and do) recommend a trans cooler, but then I looked at the transmission and found that an integrated heat exchanger is part of the transmission. When cold, the transmission heat exchanger (cooler) warms the transmission fluid to radiator temperatures. When the transmission is being worked hard, the fluid is cooled to radiator temperatures. I have yet to push the transmission hard, but the temperatures are only 5-10 degrees higher than the radiator coolant temperature. I probably need a high speed run on a hot Arizona day to characterize temperatures.

2) The video is of the MT. The AT power and torque figures are almost identical for similar tunes. That tells me the AT is very efficient at torque transfer.

3) The CARB FlashPro does not allow tuning of emissions parameters. That is anything to do with fuel or ignition. You can change torque limits, which will alter boost levels and throttle opening.

4) We drove our MT Accord straight from the dealership to the dyno. 25 Miles I believe. I will sometimes break in new engines on the dyno. Don't abuse your engines when running in, but don't take it too easy either.

·
Vendor
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Torque limit tables

These are the torque limit tables for stock, Stage 1 and Stage 2.
  • Stock - economy mode limits the torque to 370 nM
  • Stage 1, Economy mode off - raises the torque limit to 425 nM
  • Stage 2 (not shown) raises the torque limit to 445 nM.
The reasons for the reduction in the torque limit from 4000 rpm to 6900 rpm is twofold. Firstly, more boost does not always mean more power. You can overspeed the turbo and generate more boost, but that also generates more heat and back pressure. Second, the transmission shifts more smoothly if you reduce the power around the shift point.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
AT 2.0 stages 1and 2

@Hondata. Any future plans for traction control or a method to alleviate the stock TC from talking power away at launch and shift points?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got the stage 2 update installed and I wanted to doublr check that you have to be on Sport mode for the tune to kick in. I do have the 10 speed AT. Also, is stage 3 in the works?

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I understand it, when you flash Stage 1 or Stage 2, when you are in Econ mode, it is identical to Econ mode when your car is stock and when you put it in sport mode, you have your tune. I'm not sure what performance you get when you are in "normal" mode (ie, not sport or econ). Perhaps @Hondata could chime in on that...?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Honda factory “Eco” mode no longer exists. When you run it you will be on normal stock tune.

Normal is now with tune. Sport is also with tune, but with quicker shifting

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi all... Just thought I'd share something that may be mildly interesting. I took a trip to my son's college tonight. It is about a 45 minute drive and I think it's 90 miles. I'm running Hondata Stage 1. Going there I kept it in eco (normal) mode and got 30.4 mpg. Coming back, I turned on stage 1 (non sport) and got 27.1 mpg.

A couple of things that occurred to me is that cruising on the highway you can pretty much stay in stage 1 and there is very little difference in mpg. Secondly, it made me realize why my gas mileage has been so poor even before the tune. I mostly drive city miles and even when I jump on the expressway, it is short and can be stop and go.

Probably not useful information but I thought I'd share.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
438 Posts
Hi all... Just thought I'd share something that may be mildly interesting. I took a trip to my son's college tonight. It is about a 45 minute drive and I think it's 90 miles. I'm running Hondata Stage 1. Going there I kept it in eco (normal) mode and got 30.4 mpg. Coming back, I turned on stage 1 (non sport) and got 27.1 mpg.

A couple of things that occurred to me is that cruising on the highway you can pretty much stay in stage 1 and there is very little difference in mpg. Secondly, it made me realize why my gas mileage has been so poor even before the tune. I mostly drive city miles and even when I jump on the expressway, it is short and can be stop and go.

Probably not useful information but I thought I'd share.

Don't worry...what you're seeing is normal i've been at 16-18mpg...i commute 4.2 miles round trip to work every day and have 3 stop signs and 8 traffic lights along the way...add to that freezing or near freezing temps so letting the car warm up for a few minutes before leaving the driveway and my MPG is legit crap lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
At 60mph, that's 1 mile per minute. If you are going 90 miles in 45 mins, then you are going 2 miles/minute or 120 miles per hour :0. It's not surprising you are getting that bad of mileage with either tune selected.
Sorry it's 65 miles.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts