Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading some posts regarding replacing my 2006 (2.4l) Accords external atf filter and I am not 100% sure of the flow direction of the fluid. I am replacing the oem filter with a magnefine and want to make sure i have the fluid flow correct.

any links to a flow diagram?

Thank you

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had the same question when researching the filter for my wife's 2005. From a long thread that you likely read:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14699&highlight=magnafine&page=8

Several confirmed in that thread, that the flow is toward the firewall. Username turBeau tested the flow with the filter removed on page 2.

I installed it this way as well. The original hold down clamp fit without any issue, no Ty-Wrap needed. Getting ready to install one on a new-to-me 2006 that I just bought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally had time to replace the in-line atf filter with the magnefine. I confirmed the fluid flow direction and replaced the filter. The fluid that came out was very dark and murky. I performed 4 drain and fills less than 1 yr / 5 k miles ago and was surprised by how dark the fluid was. The fluid on the dipstick is nice and pink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts