Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched this forum for this problem i been having and i didnt find anything similar but when im driving blasting the music on 40 my audio shuts off after about 30 min and wont work until i turn the car off and turn it back on,not sure if its because speakers over heat or what display and everything works fine just no audio.

·
Super Moderator
12,938 Posts
Does your music have breaks in it, like a period or comma would break up a paragraph? Or is it just 30 minutes of continuous music?

·
Registered
697 Posts
My guess is the amp in the stereo or external amp is going into protect mode. At volume 40 the music is full of distortion and the audio is clipping causing things to heat up much faster than if you keep the volume at a level just before the clipping begins. Not to mention clipping will cause damage to the equipment and eventually destroy the speakers and possibly the amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually do , i am just doing the typing on my phone and to lazy. Didn't think it mattered much in a car forum.

·
Super Moderator
12,938 Posts
I actually do , i am just doing the typing on my phone and to lazy. Didn't think it mattered much in a car forum.
GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION, SPELLING :

Illiterates have taken over many car forums....DriveAccord stands apart. Plenty of forums for each of us. Happiness is a good forum fit.

In my Nissan forum, members expect you to post gibberish, swear, and in general, to be incoherent. If you post with proper grammar and spelling, you are labeled an intellectual and "someone who thinks he is better than others because he obviously completed 5th grade", and is cast out.

As to loud volume- your ears, your choice. I take my mother to her audiologist every 3 months for hearing aid adjustments. The fastest growing demographic at Lutheran General Hospital's Audiology department is not the elderly, but men in their late 30s and early 40s. Earbud volume set too high, car stereos too loud, car exhaust systems missing, and straight-piped motorcycles. The damage is permanent- you don't "repair" hearing ability. It's gone.

You can read up on what the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) says about the results of hearing loss- higher depression, lower income, fewer meaningful healthy relationships, and a loss in cognitive ability. It is imperative the elderly wear their hearing aids- if not, they soon "drop out" of conversations, knowledge, happiness- it is a rapid decline.

If you are elderly, you can mitigate the damage. People will speak slowly to you, enunciate their words, and maybe speak louder. But when you are a strapping young man in your 30s, the waitress won't do all that, they will just think you are disinterested, lazy, a moron, etc...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you are just beginning to learn the language, or have some mental deficiency that is preventing you from learning how to write properly, that is one thing; but if this is your native language, and you have no learning disabilities, then you are only representing yourself as an idiot.

If you had put a reasonable amount of effort in your post, you would have realized this forum has many members with valuable information who is eager to help. But instead you chose to come here to take a dump. You get what you give.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts