Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2011 EX Honda Accord and I'm looking into upgrading the sound. I want to replace the stock speakers and keep the stock head unit because I know that the the stock head unit will not be able to give much power to the aftermarket speakers. With that being said, I was wondering if the Alpine power pack will be good enough for the interior speakers and maximize to 300w instead of 180w.

I also want to add a sub and dedicate a 300w amp.

Overall, I'm just trying to look for a bang for the buck setup. However, my budget is flexible. More vocals, don't care too much for base, etc. Any ideas of your own? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
I have an alpine 4 channel under my seat. Factory head unit, memphis PR speakers all around. Sounds awesome considering the lack of a subwoofer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the model # of your Alpine amp? How many watts? Do you have links? Please let me know whenever you have a chance. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 4 channel Alpine PDX-F4 in my 2009 ex-l coupe with the ch 3&4 bridged for a subwoofer in the trunk. The sound staging by only putting Focal 165 components up front and the sub in the trunk was enough to rattle my ears off. And the quality was unbeatable.

I'd highly recommend, though, looking at sound deadening the door panels if you replace the speakers. The back wave can cause some strange noises from the door panels (although it adds some cost) and the quAlity improvement is amazing.

For budget build, a small amp, sub and a pair of components in the front (assuming you have components on your model) would be an easy job especially if you have the speaker adapters. There are lots of resources on this forum for how to's, it all just depends on budget.

Unfortunately I got rid of the Accord earlier this year and got a Tacoma so now I have no use for the custom fiberglass sub box and the platform I built for my amp and LOC.

Good luck! I personally would go with a full blown class D amp 4 channel and don't mess with rear speakers for sound staging. Bridge the rear 2 channels for a lower powered sub to give some bass but not enough to rattle the bolts off your doors. A lot of people will say that rear fill isn't necessary or the stock rears provide good enough fill without losing staging. It's all personal preference. Try sitting in the back of your car and turning the fade to the front. You can get somewhat of an idea how important rear sound is to you.

View attachment 97129

View attachment 97137

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
What is the model # of your Alpine amp? How many watts? Do you have links? Please let me know whenever you have a chance. Thanks!
I have no idea what model it is. It was in my dad's 1999 F250 (taken out and truck sold in 2002) so it was an older one. It was just laying around the garage. It did have speaker level inputs which was nice to just hook up to the factory head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts