Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Does anyone here have the wiring diagarams for the audio systems on the 2013 v6 Accord Sedan with Navi?
I am trying to bypass the factory amp and tap on the balanced headunit outputs in hopes it wont sound as bad as it does now.

Im willing to pay for it or the service manual, just help pointing me on the right direction ;)

I have already installed an amp, disconnected ANC and replaced all speakers and sub... still does not sound good to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

So I ended up buying them and I figured I would share them with you.
Attached below are PDF's for the 2013 Accord EX-L w/nav that contain whole schematics for the Audio system plus the AMP harness pin outs and the location of the amp as a plus. Enjoy..

Attachments

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
676 Posts
Thanks, do you also have a wiring diagram for the wire harness to the moon roof control on the ex-l?

·
Registered
284 Posts
anyone with non-Navi schematic?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, do you also have a wiring diagram for the wire harness to the moon roof control on the ex-l?
Unfortunately I do not, what you see is all I got as I paid to get copies of those specific diagrams.

I'm not sure what the rules are for posting links here so I'm not gonna but if you google "ask honda expert" you can probably figure out wich site i used and how to get what you need fairly easily.... I spent $40 and I think was worth it.

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
676 Posts
Thanks you for your reply.

I want to hard wire a home link into my I4 EX-L. I want the hard wire to work both for power and the home link lights. I know what to do from wiring diagrams for the 2012 but I have a 2013. I was told the 2013 may be different. More information is here.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1061603&postcount=18

I plan to buy a hard copy of the 2013 Accords shop manual as I done for several of my older Accords. However, the last time I check, it is not available yet.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Do you happened to know what hot wire or fuse by the dead pedal turns on when car is in acc/on/engine running? There's always constant power to the 7.5 radio fuse and this white wire I tapped in using Lockeed pic
ImageUploadedByAG Free1363240579.564837.jpg

I need to find this fuse/wire because my aftermarket amp is still on after everything is shut down. In the morning the car starts up very weak because of low battery... Thanks

Please disregard this. Last night amp didn't turn off when everything was shut off but I just came home from school, shut the engine down to acc and sub shut off 5 seconds later. Engine running or car is on "ON" sub turns on. The remote wire is still connected to the white wire like in the picture. In not sure why amp/sub didn't shut off last night, weird...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you happened to know what hot wire or fuse by the dead pedal turns on when car is in acc/on/engine running? There's always constant power to the 7.5 radio fuse and this white wire I tapped in using Lockeed pic
View attachment 48180

I need to find this fuse/wire because my aftermarket amp is still on after everything is shut down. In the morning the car starts up very weak because of low battery... Thanks
I could not find any switched power to tap into, I ended up buying one of those "add a circuit" thinguies and tapped into a fuse. I believe I ussed the "ACC" one on the top left.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I could not find any switched power to tap into, I ended up buying one of those "add a circuit" thinguies and tapped into a fuse. I believe I ussed the "ACC" one on the top left.
I JUST updated my post while you posted this. But everything working fine now. I might tap into "ACC" that you're talking about in the future.

·
HONDA parts counterman
45 Posts
does anyone know if you hook up an aftermarket sub and amp to the stock headunit if you can control the sub seperate?? I know i had to get another unit for my old car but that was an old accord.. idk much about the brand new ones.. i also hurd that you have to disconnect the noise dampaner.. the thing that controls the outside noise, i hurd that it will cause a buzz noise from time to time if you dont..

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I ended up buying them and I figured I would share them with you.
Any hints on where I could buy a LX/i4 version of these? And who sells the official shop manuals, online dealers like College Hills or can you get direct from Honda?

I really don't know much about cars, but I found the Chilton and Haynes for my last Accord to be very lacking in the crazy electronic info section, when I was contemplating an ELD Bypass last year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does anyone know if you hook up an aftermarket sub and amp to the stock headunit if you can control the sub seperate?? I know i had to get another unit for my old car but that was an old accord.. idk much about the brand new ones.. i also hurd that you have to disconnect the noise dampaner.. the thing that controls the outside noise, i hurd that it will cause a buzz noise from time to time if you dont..
Yes you can keep the sub control on the headunit as both pre and post factory amp ouputs exist..

So far im not impressed with the audio quality of the headunit and the bass is lacking for the most part.
Yes you do need to disconnect the ANC, instructions are here in the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any hints on where I could buy a LX/i4 version of these? And who sells the official shop manuals, online dealers like College Hills or can you get direct from Honda?

I really don't know much about cars, but I found the Chilton and Haynes for my last Accord to be very lacking in the crazy electronic info section, when I was contemplating an ELD Bypass last year.
I used a paid service called justanswer dot com, you type your question and you offer money for an answer/help. You must know exactly what you are looking/asking for so nobody's time is wasted.

When I did it I got a dealership technician to help me, he asked for my vin number and pulled up the info from their service database and PDF'd what I needed for me.

I have not found the service manual either and I will buy as soon it is available too but for now getting a tech to help you is the only option.

I do not endorse the site mentioned above it is just what I used and worked for me so YMMV.

Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Helm.com is the official dealer for Honda service manuals.

They are not showing availability yet but when I called they said hopefully in April sometime.

·
HONDA parts counterman
45 Posts
Yes you can keep the sub control on the headunit as both pre and post factory amp ouputs exist..

So far im not impressed with the audio quality of the headunit and the bass is lacking for the most part.
Yes you do need to disconnect the ANC, instructions are here in the forum.
I been looking around on here for the instructions and I cant seem to find them.. For the mostpart I know how to install it cause I have done it in a hand full of the cars I have owned.. but with disconnecting the ANC throw a code?? I talked to a couple techs and there not sure, there just telling me to unhook it and see..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I been looking around on here for the instructions and I cant seem to find them.. For the mostpart I know how to install it cause I have done it in a hand full of the cars I have owned.. but with disconnecting the ANC throw a code?? I talked to a couple techs and there not sure, there just telling me to unhook it and see..
no codes so far and I have not noticed any side effects. I followed instructions here http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78483

·
Registered
369 Posts
If Im reading the diagram right, for example, you would tap cables at pins 23 and 11 on connector B to get Front Left, correct?. Then 20 and 8 for Front Right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts