Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this has been brought up previously, I tried to search and was not able to find my answer. I very well could be searching by the wrong "key words".

Has anyone installed a AudioControl line out converter with the AccuBASS feature? From the way AudioControl describes the AccuBASS feature, it seems to be the "fix" to my current set up. I lose A LOT bass after the stock head unit is turned up past about 20. I am curious if anyone that has installed this LOC finds this feature to actually do as it is advertised? Were you happy with the overall bass increase on the higher volumes from the stock head unit?

I do know that the best idea would be to wire up an aftermarket head unit that doesn't have the bass roll off safety feature that most stock head units utilize to keep stock speakers from blowing. However, at this point in time, I would like to keep the stock head unit and AudioControl is the only LOC I have found that helps eliminate this.

Any information or guidance on my options to get my bass back when turning the stock head unit up would be greatly appreciated.

Screwd up 6

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the LC7I with acubass. I love it. I used it in my Nissan altima and now in my accord. Works great as long as you pay attention to the installation and set up. I recommend it!:thmsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the LC7I with acubass. I love it. I used it in my Nissan altima and now in my accord. Works great as long as you pay attention to the installation and set up. I recommend it!:thmsup:
Great! I planned to buy the Lc7i but wanted to confirm it actually worked decent before I fork out the $189. Thanks again

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the LC7i as well after I did a bunch of research. Yet to install it so I can't comment on function. Seems like it is ideal for our 9th gens.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the LC7i as well after I did a bunch of research. Yet to install it so I can't comment on function. Seems like it is ideal for our 9th gens.
Not only ours, but almost all the stock radios have this feature these days. I couldn't figure out why when I turned it up past 20 my highs screamed and the bass almost went non existent. I am pretty excited to order this and see how it helps out my sub. Should be ordering my 4 channel amp and wiring it to the Lc7i in a few weeks as well. Really hoping this sets the system to how I like it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My audio instal shop was HORRIBLE and messed all sort of shit up, including this. How did you set it correctly? Thanks for the assistance!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I still have dome messing around to do but once I set the gain on my amp I would start with turning up the head volume to where the bass would usually start to drop out. Then stert turning the restoration knob up until the bass comes back. Then set the level to the appropriate level for your listening. The instructions are online, I would refer to that before you take my word. I don't have the instructions in front of me. What did your shop do?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I still have dome messing around to do but once I set the gain on my amp I would start with turning up the head volume to where the bass would usually start to drop out. Then stert turning the restoration knob up until the bass comes back. Then set the level to the appropriate level for your listening. The instructions are online, I would refer to that before you take my word. I don't have the instructions in front of me. What did your shop do?
I will have to go play with it. The shop installed everything (LC7i, 2 amps, component speakers, coax speakers and a sub).

Where have ya'll noticed the subwoofer start to cut out? Somewhere around 13 or so? Anyone know the exact number?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't know the exact number. You will have to play around with it

·
Registered
151 Posts
The one thing that the audio shop did cool (sorta) was to install the LC7i underneath the passenger floorboard. They made the dials accessable by removing the "Frame Number" plastic plate:

·
Registered
462 Posts
:thmsup:
I will try to post some pics up of what I did to my car. It turned out great. Just got in from the freezing garage with a grin on my face. Done!...until I get bored again.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
No doubt! I originally was going to add a sub. Then I did a full soundproofing on a budget then decided to replace the front speakers and add more soundproofing. I plan on doing some soundproofing on the rear deck and maybe replace the rear speakers. Of course then add a mono amp for the sub. Oh the list goes on. I don't care much about the rear at this point because I like the front soundstage. The rear is just for fill.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will have to go play with it. The shop installed everything (LC7i, 2 amps, component speakers, coax speakers and a sub).

Where have ya'll noticed the subwoofer start to cut out? Somewhere around 13 or so? Anyone know the exact number?
It is hard to tell the "exact" volume number at which the bass rolls off...I find mine to be around the high teens.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Pics I said I would throw up here

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
The one thing that the audio shop did cool (sorta) was to install the LC7i underneath the passenger floorboard. They made the dials accessable by removing the "Frame Number" plastic plate:

Now let's see how it looks when I remove the carpet to check the setup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
That does not look good once removed. Could definitely be cleaned up :thmsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also I don't like when amps are installed under the front seat. Maybe personal choice but its cumbersome to get to IMO. Truck mounted is always best :D

We have similar set up's and my car is as quiet as the day when I bought it ( no hiss or white noise). Think it maybe time to have the shop who did this install correct it.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
We have similar set up's and my car is as quiet as the day when I bought it ( no hiss or white noise). Think it maybe time to have the shop who did this install correct it.
Can you give me some info on how they (or you) wired the LC7i? I may redo it all myself and want advice from someone who has it done with NO noise.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts