Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I am willing to start a build in an accord 8th gen with premium sound no navy, I will add a bit ten to integrate the oem HU with the aftermarket amp, do you have any advice? should I connect it before or after the OEM amp?

I already know that the OEM HU have low outputs, but I am not sure if they have the right voltage to feed properly the bit ten.

Also, do you have information about the sound deadening requirements of this particular car? In my first attempt I will skip the sound deadening because my budget is limited, but eventually I think I will need it.

For the ANC problem I am planning in just unplug both mics, I think I will loose the hands free but I dont use it too much anyway.

thanks!!

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Definitely before. Full range, non-touched signal. Granted it's likely lower voltage, but that's easy to fix if it's lower than what the bit.ten can accept. You definitely need to know what the factory voltage is on those pre-amp wires. Pick up a cheap line driver like the fosgate BLD (what I have/used; solid product).

For deadening I could go on for days. Your best bet is to head over to DIYMA, use the search function and read up. You definitely want to deaden/seal if you're going to be serious about audio....and if you're running DSP then you obviously care. It's not that expensive if you deaden/seal the front doors for now and tackle other rattles/issues as they come about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do not think the Bit 10 accepts diff balanced inputs. However, you should be good to go by tapping into the front speakers before the crossovers or the rears as they are full range. For the 8th Gen premium stereo, disabling the ANC mics are not enough as you will need to unplug the harness from the back of the head unit.

You can find decent deadening material for relatively cheap. If your door panels are off, might as well deaden the doors. To be honest, I’ve completely deadened both of my doors, my rear deck and my entire trunk lid with material left over to finish the side panels and below the spare tire for around 100 bucks using a pretty thick generic brand that’s very comparable to dynamat.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
If it's anything like the 3rd gen TL's, one of the issues is that the voltage is super low, which is werid because most balanced signals are higher voltage than normal (I used to remember why...but it's been awhile) (.4v-ish). Pick up a BLD and take that into whatever DSP you'd like.

I have a BLD and might sell it actually. I might just wait a bit to do audio as I have WAAY too many other things going on right now.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
. To be honest, I’ve completely deadened both of my doors, my rear deck and my entire trunk lid with material left over to finish the side panels and below the spare tire for around 100 bucks using a pretty thick generic brand that’s very comparable to dynamat.
you can get fatmat for very cheap on ebay, I read lots of reviews and for the most everyone seems to like it for the price

·
Registered
125 Posts
If it's anything like the 3rd gen TL's, one of the issues is that the voltage is super low, which is werid because most balanced signals are higher voltage than normal (I used to remember why...but it's been awhile) (.4v-ish). Pick up a BLD and take that into whatever DSP you'd like.

I have a BLD and might sell it actually. I might just wait a bit to do audio as I have WAAY too many other things going on right now.
Yes, the volume is pretty low. using a line driver is a must if OP goes this route. unfortunately converting it from balanced to unbalanced then to a line driver to a dsp can add a lot of noise into your system.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My TL was whisper quiet
I said it can, not necessarily that it would! ;-) It all boils down to how you have your components grounded, the quality of your components and cables etc... I know I am preaching to the choir here. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.