Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
76 Posts
yea... so whats the point of the thread? are they for sale or your just mentioning this?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Replica garbage. Convex mirrors that give LHD a fisheye effect (even if they say the mirrors are for LHD), weak motors, and poor wiring. All replicas come from the same factory in Shenzhen. I speak from experience - the OEMs are the ONLY way to go on this one.

Hey, at least he bought membership lol.

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
76 Posts
Replica garbage. Convex mirrors that give LHD a fisheye effect (even if they say the mirrors are for LHD), weak motors, and poor wiring. All replicas come from the same factory in Shenzhen. I speak from experience - the OEMs are the ONLY way to go on this one.

Hey, at least he bought membership lol.
lol... DOOM you need to tell us who is your contact in asia for those oem mirrors. how much did it cost in total with the control?

correct me if im wrong but you will lose the heat in substitution for the folding mirrors right?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The eBay seller is the way to go. He has lowered the price, sells all the parts you need, and you get what buyer protections eBay and PayPal can offer. The replicas sell for less than half but it took me two pair to get two functioning mirrors. One arrived with a fried motor, another with broken LEDs... The seller was happy to replace if I returned, however a traceable package to China is about the cost of the mirrors. Pointless. ...Oh and the set with the bad motor blew a fuse in my car upon first power on. Nice.

At the time OEM mirrors could only be had through infrequent group buys which is why I initially went replica. Thanks to that eBay seller things are a lot easier now. True, OEM folding mirrors with heat is a little more rare, the quality is well worth choosing them over replica.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not so much. Do the mirror's LEDs look undamaged to you? I wasn't trying to scam you for a bonus mirror (what would even be the point?). You hid behind the prohibitive return shipping costs and vague (at best) return contact/process.
a heads up to people thinking about using the seller mentioned in this thread... i am pretty confident that the set i received at first was a returned item or otherwise defective from shipment. at $235 a set ($200 + $35 wire fee since they don't use paypal) with no prospect of return really (cheapest return shipping is around $100) these mirrors are a bit of a gamble. i figured i was deep enough into the deal that i bought a second set, reasoning that my chances of getting a good mirror for the opposite side were in my favor. anyway here's the issue with the first set:

missing LED that broke the circuit for all lights in that mirror. coincidentally the folding mechanism didn't work either. the seller changed his story on me and initially had offered to send a replacement set for $100, then refused after receiving my hundred (suddenly his english got poor and he stopped understanding how the mirrors didn't function :paranoid:). basically i had to either cough up the other hundred or walk away from the deal at a loss. salt in my wounds was that every wire cost me $35.

all said and done these mirrors are a good deal at $235 if you receive a functional set. as for me the $200+$35+$100+$35+$100+$35 ($505) was a little embarrassing and a lot painful but hey, i ended up with what i wanted so i'll leave it at that. fair warning for others contemplating using this seller.
My personal issues with your business ethics and complete lack of customer service aside, the replicas you sell pale in comparison with the OEM mirror quality. When the signal is engaged, for example, the mirror pukes out RF interference due to the substandard wiring.

Even if the product was identical to OEM I'd gladly pay the couple hundred difference simply to avoid dealing with the shady tactics. There's a reason these guys don't do PayPal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I know, this MR. Doom bought a pair of mirrors from a Chinese factory. After he received the mirrors, he claimed one mirror does not work, and he want one more free of charge; since Mr. Doom could not show any evidence of what he said "defect", the factory ask him send back the mirror to check, and agree that after checking by the factory engineer, if it is defective, the factory will send another one free of charge to him. But he refused and said that he would send the "defect" back after he got a third one. The factory refused him because his words and action is not like a normal client. Anyway, the sales manager than managed to get a special discount for a third one for him, after he paid, he changed his words, said that the company should send him another two mirrors instead of one. How could the company send him two mirrors as he only paid for one? At last, Mr. Doom got another special discount for the fourth one. This is the story. Because he failed to get more mirrors free of charge, he did whatever he could say and do to defame and insult

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You caught me. I was going to install three mirrors on my car. Busted.

I sold your shitty mirrors long ago and went OEM. Best decision I could have made.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You does not show any evidence and refuse send back the mirror for our engineer chcking, just want free one.
What type of people will do this?

From the words you use, I wonder are you American? Are you a white gentleman we know from books and movie? Are you educated?

And if the mirrors are really defective, how can a gentleman sell a defective mirror to innocent people?

And who will buy a defective mirror? If somebody buy from you , it just prove that there is no defective to mirrors. It just prove you want more than you paid from the factory.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
A shame you weren't this emotionally invested when I actually needed you...
You lucked out back in 2011 because OEM folding mirrors were difficult to source. That's all since changed and there is little cause for us to subject ourselves to dealing with shady bootleg sellers.

Amusing how you refuse to address the photo even to this day. Clearly something is wrong with the LEDs.
From the words you use, I wonder are you American? Are you a white gentleman we know from books and movie? Are you educated?

And if the mirrors are really defective, how can a gentleman sell a defective mirror to innocent people?

And who will buy a defective mirror? If somebody buy from you , it just prove that there is no defective to mirrors. It just prove you want more than you paid from the factory.
I sold FOUR mirrors together as one working pair and the rest as parts at a LOSS just to close that chapter. Remember that it took me getting two pair for one working set. Not a very good batting average on your part.

Yes, I hold graduate degrees and run my own e-business. I say please and thank you and never eat with my mouth open. I'm glad you're a fan of my work. Now get better at your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of couse you could say you sell it as parts.

But how can an educated gentleman as you sell defective mirror to innocent people?

And are you really educated as you claim? I doubt from your language.

You said: "Yes, I hold graduate degrees and run my own e-business."

I understand now. You sell on e-bay, you did all this for drawing people to your own e-bay shop.

I understand. Now, no more talking to you after this, I should not waste time on you.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
lol wtf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Listen willam lee, I am the new owner of the mirrors that doom apparently bought from you. The difference from the reps and the OEM is huge. Right now my right side LED hasn't worked for months ! I honestly like the mirrors but I can vouch that DOOM sent me 4 mirrors for an extremely cheap price that i couldnt pass up. 2 of the mirrors are good for nothing but parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
:lurk: welliam Lee , I believe its your turn to reply. All jokes a side, reading your posts , your are in no position to question Doom's education. Not to mentioned that you are taking things way too personally. Do you really feel a need to go straight for insults?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,507 Posts
Business 101: don't insult, belittle, or argue with your current or past customers. Not only does it make you and the company you work for look bad but it also makes people think twice about doing business with you.

Unfortunately, people trying to scam or rip you off (not that that's what Doom was trying to do) comes with the territory of operating a business. If you're going to let it get to you, then you should look into another line of work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.