Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set light to Auto mode, headlights on even with direct sun :naughty: what can i do? Went to Vehicle Setting - Auto Light Sensitivity but didn't work :thumbsdow I have 35% tint all around, is that the problem? Where exactly is the sensor for Auto Light?

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Scary that you tinted your WINDSHIELD to the point that it appears like dusk to the car even in broad daylight.

I assume you live somewhere like Florida or Arizona or California so I'll never have you crash into me, which is comforting. To all the others who do live in your state, well, I'm sorry for them

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scary that you tinted your WINDSHIELD to the point that it appears like dusk to the car even in broad daylight.

I assume you live somewhere like Florida or Arizona or California so I'll never have you crash into me, which is comforting. To all the others who do live in your state, well, I'm sorry for them
35% all around except windshield :lmao:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
When I set light to Auto mode, headlights on even with direct sun :naughty: what can i do? Went to Vehicle Setting - Auto Light Sensitivity but didn't work :thumbsdow I have 35% tint all around, is that the problem? Where exactly is the sensor for Auto Light?
Are you sure it's not your DRLs?

Jay

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just got a '14 sport with same issue. In settings>vehicle settings>light settings > auto light. I forget where I left it today, but it's the first time the auto lifts have stayed off when I thought they should be. I'll check later what it's at...hut my tint goes on tomorrow so hopefully I won't be back to square 1.

I also wonder if you need to turn car off/on to set the sensitivity, or if it adjusts as soon as you change the settings. I changed it today when I got to work, and this afternoon it worked correct...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've got 35% all around and I don't have that problem. Must be something other than the tint.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just got a '14 sport with same issue. In settings>vehicle settings>light settings > auto light. I forget where I left it today, but it's the first time the auto lifts have stayed off when I thought they should be. I'll check later what it's at...hut my tint goes on tomorrow so hopefully I won't be back to square 1.

I also wonder if you need to turn car off/on to set the sensitivity, or if it adjusts as soon as you change the settings. I changed it today when I got to work, and this afternoon it worked correct...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
it adjusts instantly, simply takes a couple seconds before it reevaluates

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
just throwing it out there... if you tint your windshield 50% (35% you will) you will NOT notice its even there. I guarantee it. Plus blocks 99% UV which will keep the interior from fading. and heat rejection of course.

·
CVT
514 Posts
i believe it just depends on the angle the light hits the sensor on the dash. sometimes my headlights cut on when im facing away from the sun during the day.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I keep my Auto setting on Max and there are quite a few times when the lights will come on--shadows of buildings, driving into a garage or car wash, or when the sun is low in the sky and you're driving away from the sun. It can still look like broad daylight, but it isn't really.

I'd rather have the headlights on when they don't need to be than to not have them on when they should be on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts