Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Just took my 2002 Accord into the shop for new tires, fluids, and some AC work. (first owner, 40k miles)

When I got the car back, I noticed that my car doors do not auto-lock with the key in the ignition anymore. I'll hear the lock cycle, but nothing happens. Instead, when I turn off the car/pull the key from the ignition, my doors lock, whereas they once unlocked automatically. It's as if the auto-lock/unlock has turned backwards and I have to manually unlock them.

The doors (any and all of them) can be locked from within (manual) and by remote, no issues there. Problem only occurs when starting the car.

I tried resetting the multiplex (through the intermittent wiper) and also disconnected the car battery, but nothing has changed.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this, or how to go about fixing it? I've searched the web and various forums, to no avail. I'll likely end up back at the shop, but I'd rather take care of this myself in the event they haven't got a clue.

Edit: For the record, I do have an aftermarket alarm system (Viper). I don't use it anymore, but just to check, I did lock/unlock/alarm-on & off with it, no difference.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts