Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Auto Setting on Headlights

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  mode360 
#1 ·
anyone else noticing very sensitive behavior from their 'Auto' setting for the headlights on their 9th Gen or Sport, specifically?

yesterday i was driving home at 5:30pm into the afternoon sun, not a cloud in the sky, on the highway and the headlights were on while set on 'Auto'... there's been other times too where i've been driving at dusk and or morning and it seems too bright for the headlights to be on but they were... i almost wondered if they had a sensor tied into the time of day rather than ambient daylight or darkness! :rolleyes:

anyway, just wondering if anyone else on the boards have noticed the same thing on their cars or if this may just be an isolated issue for the sensor on my car... thanks

#2 ·
You can adjust the sensitivity in Vehicle Settings.

#3 ·
Make sure nothing is covering the sensor on the dashboard. Settings are adjustable via the iMID.

#4 ·
i have the same thoughts about the sensitivity.. i was driving home from work and for the past 2 days at about 6 pm , broad daylight with a little bit of cloud, my headlights were on. nothing on my dashboard to cover the sensors and also settings on my imid is already on low. I will try minimum to see if that changes it, but i find it quite odd that the headlights are on when its in direct sunlight..

#5 ·
thanks all, i didn't realize this was something the driver could adjust... apologies for asking about a topic i could answer in the manual... i'll try adjusting the settings...

thank you!

#8 ·
Don't worry about us, we will just keep posting in this thread anywhoo. :)

#7 ·
I haven't had any issues and I have not adjusted or changed the settings. The lights are on when I pull out of my garage in the mornings at 7:30 and remain on until I have driven about 15 minutes westbound. Other drivers around me have their headlights on also. After we go back to standard time I will have a better opportunity to check them out while going home in the evening.

#10 ·
Shouldn't matter since I believe the sensor is on the dash at the base of the windshield. I don't know what I have mine set at, but they work perfectly. I know I am at least one notch lower on sensitivity than what the factory setting was. I suppose if you don't feel changing the sensitivity is making any difference, it could be a sensor issue.

#11 ·
I had my Auto light setting on medium. I noticed in the shade my lights would come on. I adjusted the setting to Minimum, and now the lights don't come on prematurely.

#12 ·
I would use the Auto feature but every time I pull into my home garage, it would turn on (even in the day time when it's sunny) and I turn the sensitivity to the lowest setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.