Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed the AC compressor cycles even if the temp is set to "auto" at a high temp? When first getting into the car I'll set the auto temp to 80 and I can hear (and feel) the AC compressor cycle. Normal?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the AC compressor cycles even if the temp is set to "auto" at a high temp? When first getting into the car I'll set the auto temp to 80 and I can hear (and feel) the AC compressor cycle. Normal?
Yes its normal. The auto setting controls temp and humidity. Excess humidity can fog the windows for example. Auto setting detects cabin temp and humidity as opposed to the setting (target) temp. It directs the fan speed, vent deployment (upper, lower, defrost, etc.) and compressor operation to achieve the target setting.

So your setting could call for warmer air, but also require the compressor to dry the air to mop up excessive humidity.

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
Yeap, it's normal.

I have gotten into the habit of hitting "AUTO" then "A/C" subsequently to turn off the A/C.

·
Lebowski Urban Achiever
261 Posts
Oh jeez - I just noticed a similar thread a few lines down. Sorry to all & thanks for the replies.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Yeap, it's normal.

I have gotten into the habit of hitting "AUTO" then "A/C" subsequently to turn off the A/C.
+1. I do the same and taught my wife to do it in the Oddy. No point wasting fuel.

Jay

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeap, it's normal.

Same here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
^Ditto.

I also love how we can turn off the AC and still keep the front defrost on. I know defrost works better with AC, but the fuel...

This is my first car with auto CC and you could not do that with manual CC.

·
Registered
924 Posts
So this works? I thought for some reason that when I hit a.c. off that auto shut off as well in my car. Hmm nice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
410 Posts
[Q1UOTE=on2;2033506]Yeap, it's normal.

I have gotten into the habit of hitting "AUTO" then "A/C" subsequently to turn off the A/C.[/QUOTE]

+1!!

I've done the same thing on all my Accords. Thankfully, instead of having to drill down into a menu on the NAVI touchscreen, as on my 7th-Gen, my new Accord (as well as the previous generation) is back to a hard-button for the A/C. :thmsup:

Only time I use "AUTO" is in the summer for A/C, and in the spring and fall on really damp days, if "Defrost" isn't needed (which is normally not the case, given that I'm kind of lazy about keeping the windows in tip-top clean :rolleyes:).

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
So this works? I thought for some reason that when I hit a.c. off that auto shut off as well in my car. Hmm nice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The fan and blend doors should still work in AUTO to control temperature even if "A/C OFF" is displayed.

From Page 169 in the manual:

If any buttons are pressed while using the climate
control system in auto, the function of the button
that was pressed will take priority.
The AUTO indicator will go off, but functions
unrelated to the button that was pressed will be
controlled automatically.

Jay

·
Registered
924 Posts
thanks, im sure i read that before but forgot and was assuming that since the auto light went off the function went away as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts