Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still not used to coming back to my car in the garage only to find that it locked itself.

Question is - what if I leave my keys in the ignition, will it still "Autolock"?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm still not used to coming back to my car in the garage only to find that it locked itself.

Question is - what if I leave my keys in the ignition, will it still "Autolock"?
I have never had the car lock the doors while sitting still unpowered. The car does not have an auto lock system where the car locks the doors after you leave the vehicle. The only auto lock system locks the doors either when you drive faster than 10 mph or select the transmisson out of park. The auto lock function can be adjusted to lock the doors when the car reaches 10 MPH or placing the shift lever out of park or just off.

Are you accidentally pressing the lock button on the key or key fob while in your pocket. If so either the horn will sound or the car will beep.

If you have the smart entry keyless system you can lock the doors by touching the black button on the outside door handle if the key fob is within a close distance to the door handle.

Otherwise, there is a problem with the car.

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
:)

If it locks itself again I'll have it back to the dealer.
It shouldn't lock if the keys are in the car, don't you have two sets of keys? Leave it in the car and see if it locks, your car shouldn't auto lock unless you an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Locks by itself in one of 2 ways....

Once u reach a certain speed or you switch into gear

the other way is if u unlock you car doors using the key fob and DONT open ur door then the car will relock itself.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
When I was looking at the Altima it would not lock if the fob was left in the car. I would think that Honda has the same technology. Strangely when I wash my wife's 2000 Toyota Solara if I bump it hard enough it will lock the doors. Of course as old as it is it does not have the keyless technology on it.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
If you unlock the car and don't get in, it relocks in 30 seconds.

If you have the key in the ignition and open the driver door, the car will not lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts