Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
So how many of you cannot stand this windshield wiper? There is no intermediate. I know you will say it's rain sensing....rain is there but doesn't always work. I hate that. I can't take it off and go to a timed point of wiping. Honda says they have heard it before but how many of you feel that way?
I haven't had much chance to use them in my new Accord. The few times I have on short trips they seem much better then the ones on my 2017 Civic Sport Touring. Those worked horribly. I fiddled with the sensitivity ring on the stalk and they still would wipe at a leisurely pace when it was pouring and then go into insane hyper overdrive when I pulled into a parking garage where it was obviously not raining. Even that was not consistent. There was no logical rhyme or reason to how they came on or did not come on, and forget about spray or mist on the windshield. It could be opaque and the wipers did not react. [Ranting portion of post now complete]. I did find a hack on the Civic forum about unplugging a harness in the back of the windshield camera, removing and replacing a fuse, sacrificing a goat, or something along those lines. I did those things and it converted the sensitivity dial to a regular intermittent selector. I was delighted. I forgot to change it back before I traded the car in, so I expect there is someone out there posting that they don't work at all.

I like my windshield clear and noticed my new Accord version is just a half second slower than where I would want to have it wiped. But, I am working on accepting that. I think I am gun shy that I will have the same horrible experience that I did with the Civic, and that half a second starts that "Oh no! Here we go again." voice in my head.

HondaKernelPanic
I guess I am not fully getting it...if it's TOWARD the plus is that MORE sweeping of the windshield? Or is it less?
Towards the plus is more sensitive and will result in the system choosing a faster speed per the ratio of water on the windshield. Mine usually stays closer to the "plus" and it works fairly well! I will go towards the "-" (less sensitive) occasionally when I don't want them to be constantly wiping like on LO or HI.

Registered
Had a rainy day here and I got to test them. They work sooooo much better than the ones I had in the Civic. They even handled the mist from cars in front of me and I could actually see the effect of plus minus settings. Delighted now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts