Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Accord LX will not switch over to AUX input when I plug in with my Iphone/samsung galaxy or any music player to play music. Every other function in the car works. cd player, radio, AC etc. EXCEPT aux input....

I changed to few different 3.5mm cables, replacing the input jack with new one, disconnecting the battery to reset the radio. None of that worked. Does anyone here have any idea if there's a remedy or help point me toward that direction?
I greatly appreciate your responses!

·
Registered
31 Posts
did you ever have any luck getting AUX to work? I'm having similar issues after my battery died.

Dealer is saying i need new hardware.. not a fuse issue.. seems awfully coincidental it's since the batter died.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I have not got a chance to resolve the issues. I disconnected and performed electrical continuity test from the AUX input to the the cable where it hooks up to the Audio unit and see no problem. I believe the problem is in the audio unit it self. I don't have an idea of how to reset it or make it reboot somehow. No one I know seem to have a solution. Dealer charge $100 just to look at it! An audio store near me charge $200 to fix it. It appears that I'll have to fork up that much just for an AUX input fix... Cost quite a bit more than I want to fork up just for an AUX input connection.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heres what I found with google on how to reset. My dealer checked it and said fuse was ok and they recommended ordering replacement assembly for $200 in parts plus labor

<<""i would start by resetting the head unit by disconnecting the battery.

The battery plays a role when the factory radio has an anti-theft
feature requiring a code be entered.

Disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute or so, make sure
you leave a door open so the dome light drains any residual charge.
Reconnect the battery negative terminal (always disconnect negative
first and reconnect negative last). When your head unit displays CoDE
enter the 5 digit code on your card."">>

When I got home I remembered I had bought Hondacare 8 year 100k miles.. which appears to cover "Genuine Honda Electronic/Audio
Accessories" - going to call them back today.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Try switching to your bluetooth input, and check for audio/music
It could be because your phone is paired in bluetooth mode, and it overrides the aux

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried to disconnect the battery overnight, drained all the juice by opening the doors. Next day I hook it back up, the problem is still there. I can not switch the audio system on AUX when I plug the connector in. And I don't have blue-tooth equipped in the car. It's a base model with no extra option. Please do let me know if you find a solution to this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can switch to AUX fine.. my phone knows it's plugged in.. but no audio comes out. I'm not convinced part they're ordering will fix it, but i sure hope they fix it on next visit in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After 2 years of living without AUX. I finally found a fix.
The solution is to replace the CD unit. Mine was a 39100-TA0-A01. So I went on Ebay and bought one for $50 and replace the whole CD units. It's about 2-4 hours work taking the car apart and putting it back together. Now everything appears to be good again. I can wirelessly connect a bluetooth receiver and stream music from my phone to the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts