Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 10th gen accord looking to go about 500hp to 600hp, i was wondering if anyone knew any aftermarket companies that make axles that support the kind of power?

1st motor leaned out so looking to make an awesome build. Already had to rebuild a k20c4 so i do have some knowledge and the help of my teacher who has over 40years of automotive experience and racing at the drag strip.

Motor will have Eagle rods, either wiseco or JE pistons, and Darton sleeves. Head is going to get some Ferrea parts and have some other stuff done. Trans is a 6sp and i already know what im going to be doing for that.

So pls dont waste my time posting things like "not possible" or "better off getting an actual sports car." Its just taking longer for me to scroll through to find people actually trying to be helpful.
Plus there are CTR's already making 5-600hp:)

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,134 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but I think axles are the least of your concerns to make that kind of HP. If you have the CVT transmission, it can't handle much more power than the stock configuration. If you don't have the CVT, you'd need gobs of money.

Anyway, to actually answer your question, hypothetically, I'd look at cars that make that kind of HP stock (sports cars), and look at what brand of axles they have.

·
Row 'em
72 Posts
You'd have to strengthen every component in the driveline, not just the axles. I doubt if anyone makes off-the-shelf parts to handle that level of power -- you'd probably have to have everything custom made. And then after all that time, money, and aggravation, you'd still have a front-wheel drive car trying to put down way more power than such a layout is capable of handling.

Not a very realistic endeavor, I'm afraid.

·
Turbo lag
1,819 Posts
You can look up the quickest 10th gen Accord and just reach out to their owners to see what kind of axles they are running.

·
MT or death
453 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is the first time I've said "LS swap" and actually meant it.

The most powerful production turbo 4-cylinder in the world puts out 360hp, according to the article below. Are you a millionaire?

The new AMG engines in the GLA/CLA in S trim puts out 415hp. In normal trim they put out 382hp. Not sure where you got that article from, but it's about 8-10 years old. Even the last gen put out 385 and there was no S trim. A chip and bolt ons brought it to around 450hp and about 500lbft. The new engine is built like a tank. Simply put, It is work of automotive art. There probably hasn't been and engine so overbuilt since the 2jz, and the two share many of the same features such as a closed deck (like diesel engines). I would not be surprised to see that thing out out 6-700hp on stock internals easily.

Axels may not be the weak link why are you looking to change out parts that may be fine? With that mind quick search of Honda racing axles produced a plethora of results. Why don't you contact one of them and see what they recommend. The CTR didn't change any internals and several people are running big turbos in excess of 400hp no problems. If anything I will be looking at the torque spec of the 10at (because if you have a manual upgrading the clutch for the power level should be easy). Honda seems to have done a very good job over engineering this engine and many of it's components.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,204 Posts
This is the first time I've said "LS swap" and actually meant it.

The most powerful production turbo 4-cylinder in the world puts out 360hp, according to the article below. Are you a millionaire?

If OP has enough money or money and skills if doing the job him/her self, then you can build the engine to make 800 to 1,000 HP like these guys are doing

[ . . . ]

Two of the differences between the Civic Type R engine and Honda engines of the past are direct injection and a tumble port design in the cylinder head. This is where Wilson and 4 Piston Cylinder Heads specialize.

“Honda’s of the past 20 years have flown 300 cfm,” he says. “This thing flows 150-160 cfm, but it’s a tumble port design, so it’s got a big sharp point right before the valve – like the EcoBoost – to create tumble so they can get this efficient fuel burn in the chamber. However, that really kills flow. One thing Honda did differently is they gave this a big ass race port where the EcoBoost and some of these other engines are tiny, little ports going into a little sheer before the valve to tumble the air.

“For the cylinder head, we remove some of the tumble port design for fuel economy and to increase airflow by 140 cfm without drastically increasing the port volume. This brings the power in a couple hundred rpm sooner, and allows for around 20 hp in gains on the stock turbo, but at lower boost pressure.

“We also relieve some of the back pressure with our exhaust port, which becomes important when upgrading to larger turbos that will exceed 600 hp. Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) can be pretty high in these the way they are being used in endurance racing, and that is something that we have to help teams to control to get the engines to last. We replace the valves with Ferrea Competition Plus Super Alloy valves to handle the extra exhaust heat, and use a higher pressure Pac spring and titanium retainer for rpm use over the factory head…which runs out of steam before 7,000 rpm.”

According to Wilson, the market interested in these engines is going to be really, really excited about 400 horsepower, but his team isn’t stopping there!

“We took the stock car and put a MoTec ECU on it and we turned it up,” he says. “It was easy to add 120 horsepower without touching any part of the car, other than putting a computer in it and about 30 percent ethanol in it. It’ll also deliver well over 400 ft.-lbs. of torque. It’s pretty wild for a little engine, but they’re different.”

The K20C1 engine also has an offset crank in relation to the bore so that the piston is straight up and down when it’s on a power stroke. For this build 4 Piston decided to use JE pistons and Saenz connecting rods, which are out of Argentina.

“We replace a rather fragile OEM connecting rod with our Saenz I-beam rod that is rated at over 800 hp,” Wilson says. “It is also more than 100 grams lighter than the OEM rod. The pistons are replaced by JE forged pistons, which that have a thicker top, thicker pin boss area and a tool steel wrist pin. We offer replacing the OEM sleeve with a ductile iron sleeve for larger bore size, and use an o-ring for additional cylinder sealing. We’re designing the engine to be able to handle about 800 horsepower.

Due to the capabilities this new engine offers, Honda has been pushing the K20C1 for all kinds of racing applications, and 4 Piston Cylinder Heads is positioned at the forefront for building the powerplant well beyond OEM specs.

These new turbocharged, direct injected engines can make 800-1,000 hp – piece of cake,” Wilson says.

·
MT or death
453 Posts
If OP has enough money or money and skills if doing the job him/her self, then you can build the engine to make 800 to 1,000 HP like these guys are doing
Absolutely. I wonder what the price tag of this build is, and more importantly, the total value of the equipment, tools, software, facility, etc. they're utilizing.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Reactions: Nickylee

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
209 Posts
Ridiculous question that’s never going to actually happen. OP is in fantasy land.

·
Turbo lag
1,819 Posts
Ridiculous question that’s never going to actually happen. OP is in fantasy land.
Maybe the OP is, but that figure isn't impossible. The fastest Accords in the 1/4mi are all pushing close to 500whp, which makes it well over 500hp at the crank.

Reactions: Nickylee

·
Registered
340 Posts
The drive shaft shop or insane shafts will provide what your looking for.

20 yrs ago, I had 500 hp on a 1.6 and it was less than 6k to do it. I have no doubt the OP can get to 500-600.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,971 Posts
If you were actually building a 500-600 HP car, you wouldn't be on a forum asking what parts to buy for it.

Reactions: Hudouc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The new AMG engines in the GLA/CLA in S trim puts out 415hp. In normal trim they put out 382hp. Not sure where you got that article from, but it's about 8-10 years old. Even the last gen put out 385 and there was no S trim. A chip and bolt ons brought it to around 450hp and about 500lbft. The new engine is built like a tank. Simply put, It is work of automotive art. There probably hasn't been and engine so overbuilt since the 2jz, and the two share many of the same features such as a closed deck (like diesel engines). I would not be surprised to see that thing out out 6-700hp on stock internals easily.

Axels may not be the weak link why are you looking to change out parts that may be fine? With that mind quick search of Honda racing axles produced a plethora of results. Why don't you contact one of them and see what they recommend. The CTR didn't change any internals and several people are running big turbos in excess of 400hp no problems. If anything I will be looking at the torque spec of the 10at (because if you have a manual upgrading the clutch for the power level should be easy). Honda seems to have done a very good job over engineering this engine and many of it's components.
1st motor leaned out so im trying to build it out. It is a 6sp mt and i already got plans to bore and sleeve the motor and build out the trans :)

If you were actually building a 500-600 HP car, you wouldn't be on a forum asking what parts to buy for it.
Im just looking for axles. I already know what im gonna do to the motor and trans

You'd have to strengthen every component in the driveline, not just the axles. I doubt if anyone makes off-the-shelf parts to handle that level of power -- you'd probably have to have everything custom made. And then after all that time, money, and aggravation, you'd still have a front-wheel drive car trying to put down way more power than such a layout is capable of handling.

Not a very realistic endeavor, I'm afraid.
There are already CTR's making 5-600hp, why not?

The drive shaft shop or insane shafts will provide what your looking for.

20 yrs ago, I had 500 hp on a 1.6 and it was less than 6k to do it. I have no doubt the OP can get to 500-600.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for support :)

Absolutely. I wonder what the price tag of this build is, and more importantly, the total value of the equipment, tools, software, facility, etc. they're utilizing.
Already have the tools and facility to do all the work. Yes, the money is the biggest problem but its not something im trying to build overnight. Its going to take time and effort to get it all done. Ive already rebuilt one of these motors so i have some prior knowledge but not all.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If it's leaning out remember there are two fueling systems a high and low pressure system. I have not seen anything for these vehicles yet but in the VW world there are several different hpfp upgrades that flow more, to be used in chip/turbo upgrades. Either by modifying the intenals and pistons or a new pump. Integrated Engineering is the place to start with that. GL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's leaning out remember there are two fueling systems a high and low pressure system. I have not seen anything for these vehicles yet but in the VW world there are several different hpfp upgrades that flow more, to be used in chip/turbo upgrades. Either by modifying the intenals and pistons or a new pump. Integrated Engineering is the place to start with that. GL
Thank you!

·
Row 'em
72 Posts
There are already CTR's making 5-600hp, why not?
I stand corrected. I would have thought putting down that much power to the front wheels only would be totally impractical, but I learn something new every day.

Next time, it might be an idea to give a little hint of your bonafides in your opening post so people (like me) don't assume you're just a dreamer with more enthusiasm than knowledge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts