1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before wash:

After Wash and Dry:

Meguiar's Clay Bar and Ultimate Compound

VIDEO (BEFORE CLABAR & ULTIMATE COMPOUND)

SWIRRRRLLS
[img/http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5167/5249054233_21ca485f36_z.jpg[/img]

FINAL RESULTS
VIDEO (AFTER ULTIMATE COMPOUND)

Yes, I need a camber kit... maybe?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good work. I will being giving my car major TLC after the winter season!!

Someone needs some gun metal retros to match those sick TL-S wheels, haha.
I do it once before winter and one in spring. Some retros would be nice.. but it's the holiday season right now and spring tuition is coming up (18k). If I do retros, I want something that can handle 55w.

nice... makes me wanna go clean my car now.
nice, go for it. I did mines in 28 degrees weather.

Gonna Take My Car Through The Wash This Weekend. No Handing Washing Car In The Snow.
freezing cold.. 3hours all by hand this time.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
whatttttt! what did you use to polish it?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
Well Done! Meguiar's Ultimate compound is friendly to use "by hand" as you have shown.
The car looks great.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm would hand or using a random orbital polisher thing be better? i have this cheap motor trend one that i use to apply wax. btw what do you use to clean your wheel wells and tires and splash guards and stuff? just the same soap/water but at the end?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Done! Meguiar's Ultimate compound is friendly to use "by hand" as you have shown.
The car looks great.
Thanks! I was so tempted to finally wash my car and try the ultimate compound out. It come out great. Totally worth bring outside for 3hrs.

hmm would hand or using a random orbital polisher thing be better? i have this cheap motor trend one that i use to apply wax. btw what do you use to clean your wheel wells and tires and splash guards and stuff? just the same soap/water but at the end?
Depending on the wax. If it was something like carnauba wax, then I would use the buffer. As for the wheel well, tires, and splash guards, etc... I spray Simple Green or Grease Lightning on then go over them with the soapy brush and water after I finish the body of the car. Then take a microfiber towel to wipe whatever I miss when drying off the car. Also, for tires, a little tire shine does the trick afterwards, but in the pictures, no tire shine was used.

NOTE to everyone: None of the photos were edited in anyway either.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Many off the shelf orbitals wont produce enough speed and grunt to heat up the polishing compound and the clear coat enough, of course this all depends on the hardness of the CC and the polish itself, as well as the amount of time you spend on an individual area!

Looks great man! Can't wait to hit mine in the spring when it's out of storage. I will NEVER go through an auto car wash.

·
6,322 Posts
Looks great! What are you using for the lsp(last step product)? Hopefully you applied a wax or better a sealant. Since you like Meguiars the NXT 2.0 is good.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great! What are you using for the lsp(last step product)? Hopefully you applied a wax or better a sealant. Since you like Meguiars the NXT 2.0 is good.
Turtle Wax ICE Spray Detailer (to remove any excess ultimate polish that I miss) and ICE Liquid Polish to finish it up. Just in detailing supplies cost me a good $70+ (but it will last me 3 major details).

Clay bar kit $20
Extra bottle of Meguairs Quick Detailer $10
Applicator Pads $5
Ultimate Compound $10
ICE Spray Detailer $13
ICE Liquid Polish $14

+ 5% tax. Haha.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Want a real spray sealant that looks like a million bucks? Go with this:
http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272
Give the TW stuff to someone you don't like. In spite of the name the Aquawax is a sealant, it contains no wax. Superb product that those in the know use and won't be without.
so would you wax over the duragloss?

wash - dry - clay - wash (optional) - polish - duragloss - wax?

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
You are correct. You should give the sealant ~24 hours to cure, then rewash the car and apply the wax.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct. You should give the sealant ~24 hours to cure, then rewash the car and apply the wax.
I can't go 24hrs without having to drive the car to run some errands..

·
13,917 Posts
so would you wax over the duragloss?

wash - dry - clay - wash (optional) - polish - duragloss - wax?
In this instance Duragloss Aquawax can be put on top of your car wax with no negatives. It is a sealant but also has brightness/shine enhancers that allow it to be put under or over most anything. This one is an exception to the rule.

·
13,917 Posts
I can't go 24hrs without having to drive the car to run some errands..
Ike isn't saying not to drive the car. When most sealants are used (Aquawax being the exception) they must bond for 12-24 hours after wiping them off. The idea is to keep the paint from getting wet during that time to avoid durability issues. Once it has "cured" wax can be layered on top of it if desired.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts