Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Back up sensors stopped working

12K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Hjfowler 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Accord ex-v6 with nav. The backup camera works. Today I was backing up and the back up sensors started beeping in the beep increments (beep beep beep......beep beep beep....etc). They are not working. I tested by back up to another car and they did not function. Has anyone experienced this? Or is there something I can do to make them work again? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I do not know what would cause that, but you could always check the cabling to make sure it is still correctly attached to the control unit, which I believe is located under one of the rear speakers. The installation manual for the backups sensors in available on the www.collegehillshonda.com website.

Scott C.

#3 ·
I do not know what would cause that, but you could always check the cabling to make sure it is still correctly attached to the control unit, which I believe is located until one of the rear speakers. The installation manual for the backups sensors in available on the www.collegehillshonda.com website.

Scott C.
Thanks Scott c. I am assuming this isn't a normal problem? I'll take a look and see if the cabling is attached properly. I'll keep you posted.

#5 ·
I have the exact same issue.

The manual for the sensors states that 3 beeps indicates that one or both of the middle sensors are bad.

I ordered replacement sensors (received them today), but I'll have to wait for warmer temps around here before I pull off my rear bumper to replace them.

#6 ·
Very interesting. I have 4 sensors. Factory sensors. I couldn't find any information about them in my manual. I have manuals for the car, the nav and a quick view guide for basic things. So I went out the other day to just look things over. Nothing changed. But maybe a week later, the darn things started working again. So I don't know which ones are bad. Or if it was a bad connection. I can't help but think that there is still an issue. If it went bad (or multiple ones went bad) I can't imagine it would fix itself. Can you point me in the right direction on where to look in the manual? Thanks so much.

#7 ·
Here is the Backup Sensors Users Manual.

There is troubleshooting info on the last few pages.
It differs slightly from what I posted earlier (I got that info from another forum).

Anyway, I think perhaps I have a clogged sensor. I'm going to try flushing them all with water and see if that helps before I actually replace them.

#8 ·
Here is the Backup Sensors Users Manual.

There is troubleshooting info on the last few pages.

It differs slightly from what I posted earlier (I got that info from another forum).

Anyway, I think perhaps I have a clogged sensor. I'm going to try flushing them all with water and see if that helps before I actually replace them.
The link doesn't work for me :/ It says I don't have permission to view the site.

Also, what do you mean flushing them out? So you take them off the car to do that? Or just wash the part on the bumper?

Thanks as always

#9 ·
OK, attached is a PDF of the User's Manual.
Check pages 14 & 15 for troubleshooting info.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.