Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
'17 Accord Sport
156 Posts
I don't have access to Canadian service information, but I don't see why it wouldn't affect Canadian models as well - they use the same interior trim and speakers as the US models.
The TSB has to be from Honda Canada for a dealership to honor it. And Honda Canada is usually late to the party. So check with your dealership.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
TSB 19-044 "2018 Accord: Rear Tray Rattles" was released on April 23, 2019.

The TSB currently applies only to a range of 2018 models equipped with a subwoofer.
I had this fix applied by the dealership and I'm still getting a crazy amount of rattle..

What do i do next?

·
2nd Accord
111 Posts
Maybe they didn’t really do it. I had an oil change on my old 2009. They called me to say it was done. I checked the filter and the oil not was not. I honestly think it was a mistake. Talk to the service manager.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and tell them it still rattles?
I mean thats the logical choice but man I hate going to dealerships.. Convincing these people you have a problem is a headache in itself..

Probably going to tell me that they did what they can and they can't do anything else if I know anything about dealerships in my life.

Maybe they didn’t really do it. I had an oil change on my old 2009. They called me to say it was done. I checked the filter and the oil not was not. I honestly think it was a mistake. Talk to the service manager.
It could be, dude.. Literally nothing changed in the resolution, they had my car from 9 A.M to 5 P.M during my "fix".. What a waste of time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TSB 19-044 "2018 Accord: Rear Tray Rattles" was released on April 23, 2019.

The TSB currently applies only to a range of 2018 models equipped with a subwoofer.
Thank you for this. I had a scheduled B1 maintenance appt this past Saturday and brought this print out to the dealership. They fixed the issue no problem all under warranty. I swear music sounds much cleaner as well with the fix and more importantly, no more rattle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update on my case..

I had the TSB 19-044 service bulletin applied to my rear tray but the rattle still persits and it is very apparent.

I took the car to the dealership and told them about it..

The foreman said that the quality of the songs from your phone is going to cause some rattles but he said he will play their audio file to test for rattles, he did that and they heard the rattle but apparently nothing can be done for me anymore, they "contacted" honda canada and they informed the dealership that they can't do anything else for me, they already applied the service bulletin and I pretty much have to live with the rattle.

Unbelievable....

·
Reverse
144 Posts
I have tried lots of ideas for this and have had my back deck out many times. I have applied the material as mentioned in the TSB as well. As far as I can tell, the plastic changes shape at different temperatures. If I fix it in the summer, it will rattle somewhere else in the winter.

The two rear clips that are near the 3rd brake light and hold it to the metal of the body are the current problem for me. If I wedge something between the clip and the body from inside the trunk, I can get it to go away. It's really difficult to get to those clip areas through the openings so whatever I wedge in there does not stay very long.

I believe the best option will be to take out the back deck one more time and wrap some 1/8" felt around the areas that the two clips loosely hang on to. With the TSB applied on the top side, and the material in the clips, and all the other stuff I've done in the last 1.8 years. I might finally get this fixed for me. (It's hard to say what others might need.)

Another idea is to apply similar material from the TSB to the underside of the same edge so that the entire edge is isolated from the metal underneath.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have 500 watts going to a sub in my trunk and 100 watts to the rear speakers and I zero rattles from the deck. Your going to need to remove the plastic deck cover and cover it in sound deadening material, cover the metal deck in sound deadening material, and line all the edges of the plastic cover that touch the window and metal deck with felt tape. And make sure to run felt tape around the ridge of the third brake light where it can touch the window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 500 watts going to a sub in my trunk and 100 watts to the rear speakers and I zero rattles from the deck. Your going to need to remove the plastic deck cover and cover it in sound deadening material, cover the metal deck in sound deadening material, and line all the edges of the plastic cover that touch the window and metal deck with felt tape. And make sure to run felt tape around the ridge of the third brake light where it can touch the window.

View attachment 518502

View attachment 518510

View attachment 518511
I just want to say thank you for posting these pictures... been struggling with vibes on my 2020 Accord after a custom audio install I did myself. Applied sound deadening to the entire trunk and still got vibes inside till I saw your photos and did the rear deck as you have posted.
2 memos...stock tweeters should get removed as I believe temp fluctuations cause then to shrink and rattle with the bass. Second is the small cap on driver side of rear deck needs to have small piece of felt wedged in between. Other than that all vibes were gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there any reason why trying the foam between the glass and the rear deck would harm/damage tint I have on the rear glass? I'd like to try either some foam strips or the foam backer rod mentioned earlier.

·
2nd Accord
111 Posts
Honda has a fix. Let them do it. I also stuffed a piece of foam where the window hits the rear deck. That worked, but I had Honda do there fix correctly.

·
Still Night Pearl 2020 Accord 1.5T Sport
11 Posts
Rattle/vibration solution (for now at least).

2018 Hybrid Touring here.

Experienced rattle/vibration during rough road as well as bass heavy music. I narrowed the rattle down to the child latch door. Solution: roll up a crew sock and stuff it in the cavity, then close the door. Test to make sure that the crew sock is providing positive tension on the door. No more rattle (at least for me, YMMV).

If I had more time, I would probably use foam tape, etc. to make the child latch actually usable, but I don't need them. Pro tip: use clean socks.
Did this really work? I may have to try lol.

Honda has a fix. Let them do it. I also stuffed a piece of foam where the window hits the rear deck. That worked, but I had Honda do there fix correctly.
I opened and closed the child seat harness and it's better.

·
Still Night Pearl 2020 Accord 1.5T Sport
11 Posts
It's back again after putting foam where the rear deck hits the window. Now it's the top of the middle rear brake light plastic casing vibrating against the window. Happens most when I have people on the back seat. It's impossible to get anything in between that space as it's too tight. Any ideas?

·
2nd Accord
111 Posts
Have Honda fix it. They did mine under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have Honda fix it. They did mine under warranty.
How did they fix yours? I had Honda apply the TSB but it didn't work and mine still rattles regardless if music is playing or not. Can you provide in detail what they did to fix the issue?

·
2020 CBP Touring
688 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations all. I got the area where the rear window contacts and a few points underneath in the trunk with foam. Wherever it made sense.
Very quiet now. It was only an issue at high volume on extremely bass heavy tracks.
Better than having the dealer COVID up my ride.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,066 Posts
This comes up so often on all generations, maybe we need a sticky?

61 - 80 of 96 Posts