Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honda Fan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I want to install a backup cam on my coupe, the problem is I really don't know where to put the cable that goes to the back up light through. I was thinking of getting one of those cameras that go on the license plate because it seems the easiest to install. Maybe you guys could give me some ideas. I don't have nav, so I'm gonna be purchasing one of those mirrors that clip over the one thats on the car. Also, my car is a lease, so making holes is out of the question. Hopefully you guys could give me some good ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not to sound like a smartass, but you've already added LED maplights, HID fog lights and headlights and tinted your windows - why not drill a few little holes too?

·
Honda Fan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get what your saying, but all those things are plug and play, so I can always take them off (which is what I do at the end of all my leases) and there is no physical damage to the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Get the one that bolts to the plate, it works great. Ive had one on my truck for years.

·
Honda Fan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I'm leaning towards, my only concern is where to run the wires through

·
Registered
577 Posts
i just got a mini camera and used the license plate bolts and the clip that it came with it to put it on, sits in the hole beside the plate light, can't tell there's a camera unless you literally go up to and under the plate and i get a decent close up view of about 1inch to 4-5ft behind my car...

·
Honda Fan
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you tell me where you got it from, or what model the camera is, sounds like a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts