Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 EX V6 - Not EXL - no navigation. Was looking at back up camera posts and seems like there are not many options.

Had an idea for possibly using a Ridgline/Odyssey/Pilot rear view mirror with back up camera and running that out to the back.

I have not been able to determine if that solution integrated into the wiring harness or a separate system. I am thinking it is integrated, but since I could not find any information on it I thought I would ask here to see if someone tried it already.

I am trying to find a reasonable clean solution, seems like the wireless set ups and separate screens a re bit messy / lower quality. Any one have other ideas?

Thanks

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
2011 Accord models does have backup camera as an option. I would think those would be more of a direct fit vs Ody or Pilot versions. It's all Honda parts, but make it easy for yourself as much as possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I knew about it but it is a navigation option, since I do not have navigation I am looking for an alternate (possibly mirror based) solution.

Really just thought it would be a nice to have option, since I probably don't really need it, but if I got one it would need to be a neat uncluttered installation. Since I just bought the 08 the idea of trading out is not appealing or realistic.

that said it's still a great car as it is.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Thank you, I knew about it but it is a navigation option, since I do not have navigation I am looking for an alternate (possibly mirror based) solution.
Good point. The Ody have both mirror base (EX-L) and nav base cameras (Touring). So Ody version may be your route.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone already tried the Odyssey Mirror as a possible option? Dont want to be recreating the wheel but my search is yielding anything on this.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i seriously wonder why the 8th gen accord navigation lost the easy to add backup camera function. putting a backup camera on my 2006 accord is very easy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have a 2008 EX V6 - Not EXL - no navigation. Was looking at back up camera posts and seems like there are not many options.

Had an idea for possibly using a Ridgline/Odyssey/Pilot rear view mirror with back up camera and running that out to the back.

I have not been able to determine if that solution integrated into the wiring harness or a separate system. I am thinking it is integrated, but since I could not find any information on it I thought I would ask here to see if someone tried it already.

I am trying to find a reasonable clean solution, seems like the wireless set ups and separate screens a re bit messy / lower quality. Any one have other ideas?

Thanks
Check out this thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48817

I installed an LCD rear view mirror and a back up camera on my08-EXL (no-navi). Best replacement mirror with built in display is this one:
https://www.cartoys.com/products/pr..._Integrated_LCD_Replacement_Rear_View_Mirror/
All the rest out there that I have seen are those huge ones that clip over your factory mirror or the actual factory mirrors with the display that are super expensive. I had this mirror in my 05 Accord ExL and now in my 08 Accord EXL....excellent mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts