Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 9th gen with a 360w premium system, does the bass reduction occur at the head unit or at the factory 360w amp? This is a highly debated topic on the DIYMA forum. I want the real answer. If it is the factory amp, which I bypassed, then I am removing the LC7i to installed a better DAC and processor. If it is at the head unit, I will keep the LC7i and eventually change the head unit.

Please don't guess. I want a tested and actual answer. Thanks much!

DIYMA forum post: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2043277-post104.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
On the 9th gen with a 360w premium system, does the bass reduction occur at the head unit or at the factory 360w amp? This is a highly debated topic on the DIYMA forum. I want the real answer. If it is the factory amp, which I bypassed, then I am removing the LC7i to installed a better DAC and processor. If it is at the head unit, I will keep the LC7i and eventually change the head unit.

Please don't guess. I want a tested and actual answer. Thanks much!

DIYMA forum post: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2043277-post104.html

WOW I found you over here as well :). First of my hat is off to you since you serve In the military :).

The stock HU signal is flat Before the amp on all channels. I just replied to your post on diyma with another thread that proves this. When I turn up my stereo to like vol 32 my mids are pounding my chest with Bass and it does not decrease :).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW I found you over here as well :). First of my hat is off to you since you serve In the military :).

The stock HU signal is flat Before the amp on all channels. I just replied to your post on diyma with another thread that proves this. When I turn up my stereo to like vol 32 my mids are pounding my chest with Bass and it does not decrease :).
Thanks for the kudos. I was military but this rotation was as a contractor.

So what caused the decreased output of my sub woofer when I turned the volume up above about 17? The installer said that he bypassed the factory amp all together. Up til 17 the bass output was very linear and then was severely diminished up to 35. It was more like where you would expect it to sound at maybe 20, not 35.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I hate to disagree, but if I am not mistaken the reduction comes from the HU. Please someone else chime in if I am wrong. I have heard it several times from a few sources that it occurs in the head. By the way, you said you are a contractor...what field?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to disagree, but if I am not mistaken the reduction comes from the HU. Please someone else chime in if I am wrong. I have heard it several times from a few sources that it occurs in the head. By the way, you said you are a contractor...what field?
I heard this more often than not. I am not sure, however, if it is repetition or fact.

I am an analyst for the Air Force, but was previously an enlisted Army analyst.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Very cool, thank you for your service! I just noticed we have the same color car. Awesome color...if I can keep it clean

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool, thank you for your service! I just noticed we have the same color car. Awesome color...if I can keep it clean
I wanted black, but am glad now that I have the hermatite. Are you back in town? If so, I want a photo of your LC7i knobs please.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nope still on the road. Plan on being back tomorrow if all goes well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts