Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Following this article (which has been mentioned previously here):
http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847010

Is there anything other than a radio code that I would have to reprogram? I honestly don't know if my Sport has TPS lol. Thank you for the help.
There is no code for the radio on 9th gen. You do not have to worry about TPMS (you said TPS) either. Why are you performing a hard power on reset?

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no code for the radio on 9th gen. You do not have to worry about TPMS (you said TPS) either. Why are you performing a hard power on reset?
Ah thank you for the correction. Installed my Takeda SRI and got considerably less MPG on highway. When I installed it I disconnected the negative cable for 10 minutes, but apparently that wasn't enough and I need to go the full reset route.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Ah thank you for the correction. Installed my Takeda SRI and got considerably less MPG on highway. When I installed it I disconnected the negative cable for 10 minutes, but apparently that wasn't enough and I need to go the full reset route.
Maybe you should go back to the stock. Your ECU is thinking you are running too lean hence more fuel is being added to compensate for it. Reseting ECU may not resolve the fundalmental issue. Because you already completed the hard power on reset already when you installed it.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I swear I got a radio code with mine. Need to go look, maybe invented that in my head.

Maybe you should go back to the stock. Your ECU is thinking you are running too lean hence more fuel is being added to compensate for it. Reseting ECU may not resolve the fundalmental issue. Because you already completed the hard power on reset already when you installed it.
Yeah but he is getting an extra 3 placebo horsepower so it's all worth it :yes::lmao:

·
Registered
103 Posts
How bad is the MPG drop that you are seeing? Could it be a heavier foot due to wanting to hear the intake roar? How many miles have you put on it after the intake install? IF the computer is capable of learning the new air fuel ratio, it might take 50-100 miles to be accurate. This statement is just my guestimation, I am not stating hard facts.

·
2013 Accord EX-L 4 cylind
11 Posts
A radio code came with my 2013 EX-L sedan. I have it written down on several pieces of paper. It was inside the glove box on the left side. I have not disconnected the battery, so I do not know if it needs to be entered if the battery is replaced or unconnected.

·
Registered
336 Posts
How bad is the MPG drop that you are seeing? Could it be a heavier foot due to wanting to hear the intake roar? How many miles have you put on it after the intake install? IF the computer is capable of learning the new air fuel ratio, it might take 50-100 miles to be accurate. This statement is just my guestimation, I am not stating hard facts.
Agreed. It's going to take some driving time for the computer to adjust.

And my car didn't come with a radio code either, but I have had no trouble bypassing that code entry screen anyway.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes will reset the ECU, which you did. You need to be looking at the ECU with an OBDII scanner and see if all the readiness tests have completed and if there is any pending codes as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't know if it really makes a difference, but that thread mentioned to actually remove both batter terminals and touch them together for 5 seconds. I guess this drains the system completely of all power left. I know in the past I have just unplugged the battery and turn the light switch to on for about 10-15 minutes.

There is also the "winter fuel" theory. Could be a number of reasons for mpg drop. Colder air tires loose pressure and create more rolling resistance.

I guess I will see how this intake turns out when I get mine on Friday.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
There is no reason to connect the battery cables together. Using an OBDII scanner will let you see what is going on, if you have an Android based phone or tablet get a Bluetooth OBDII adapter and the "Torque" app and you can learn a lot about how your engine is working.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went 40 miles highway on cruise control and barely broke 30 mpg, normally I get a minimum of 35 doing that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts