Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tool would save so many people a lot of money if everyone had one. Is the problem the battery, starter, or the alternator? Get you a Solar BA9 tester and you will know. It tests for voltage, CCA, cranking voltage, alternator output, ripple. Tells you in simple English if there is something wrong. It is $48 on Amazon. Everyone that has a car should own one of they are interested in troubleshooting basic electrical issues quick and easy.

SOLAR BA9 40-1200 CCA Digital Battery and System Tester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZFNJ6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JjcwDb4ECRRHN

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Elvira
3,622 Posts
This tool would save so many people a lot of money if everyone had one. Is the problem the battery, starter, or the alternator? Get you a Solar BA9 tester and you will know. It tests for voltage, CCA, cranking voltage, alternator output, ripple. Tells you in simple English if there is something wrong. It is $48 on Amazon. Everyone that has a car should own one of they are interested in troubleshooting basic electrical issues quick and easy.

SOLAR BA9 40-1200 CCA Digital Battery and System Tester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZFNJ6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JjcwDb4ECRRHN

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I'll second the recommendation for this tester.

Bought this about a year ago or so and periodically check the battery and get much more useful data than a simple voltmeter.

This is the equipment that I use for measuring the internal resistance of the battery.

VERY useful as I was able to help a co-worker identify a bad alternator by measuring the ripple (AC component) of the output. Also saved another co-worker from unecessarily buying a new battery because all it needed was a good charge and some water topoff to get it back to 100% SOH and SOC (State of Health, long term and State of Charge, short term)

Reactions: teezythakidd
1 - 2 of 2 Posts