Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,987 Posts
To follow up the claim, it seems that bbb.org stands on my side and agrees that tire sellers should take some responsibility when recommending tires.
I'm sorry, this sounds a bit like the woman who sued a fast food restaurant for burns she sustained when she spilled a cup of coffee in her lap. So now, we see warnings on every takeout cup of coffee we buy that the contents are hot, etc.. Yes, my opinion is worth exactly what I had to pay for your lower-rated tires, but I still feel the consumer bears some of the responsibility regarding potential hazards in the items (s)he buys.
Especially when Tire Rack did not recommend any tires to Ziyang... unless displaying all the tires they sell in a particular size and then Ziyang choosing one of them from that list out of his own free will is considered "recommending" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Tire Rack did not recommend any tires to Ziyang
Why would you make such false statement which can mislead other people to make the same mistake when buying tires on Tire rack?

After I chose my desired 18” wheel on Tire rack website, the size 225/45/R18 was immediately popped up as ‘Recommended tire size’. They never notified me to check ‘Load Index’ throughout my purchase.

Even in my first call with Tire rack, the service agent stated that
  1. ‘this tire size 225/45/R18 has the ideal outer diameter as your OEM tire size and that’s why we recommended it.
  2. Based on the curb weight of your car, a set of 91 load index tires is totally safe. Your heaviest front axle is still below load capacity
Now, are you denying that Tirerack.com would suggest a tire which has lower load index than OEM?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,987 Posts
Why would you make such false statement which can mislead other people to make the same mistake when buying tires on Tire rack?

When I chose my desired 18” tire size on Tire rack website, the size 225/45/R18 was immediately popped up as ‘Recommended tire size’.
Tire Rack recommended a tire size based on the wheels you chose to buy and for the car on which you would use them on so that circumference would be as close to stock as possible so your speedometer and odometer wouldn't be off.

Tire Rack then listed all the tires they carry in that 225/45/R18 size. Not only did you choose to use that size, you also chose a tire out of that list.

You even said so yourself in the 1st post of this thread: Accord Hybrid: 'upgrade' to Conti tires, much...

Please be careful about the load index if you plan to choose 225/45/R18 like me.
I chose Continental PureContact LS as the ‘upgrade’
Tire Rack did not recommend that specific tire to you. You chose it yourself.

You make it seem like they held a gun to your head and you had no other option.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
You make it seem like they held a gun to your head and you had no other option.
When I was little girl in Russia, this is how we chose tires for most benefit of great nation. Sad that TireRack has incorporated this into their sales program. I shall take my business elsewhere.

Reactions: TGHI

·
Registered
279 Posts

After I chose my desired 18” wheel on Tire rack website, the size 225/45/R18 was immediately popped up as ‘Recommended tire size’. They never notified me to check ‘Load Index’ throughout my purchase.

Even in my first call with Tire rack, the service agent stated that
  1. ‘this tire size 225/45/R18 has the ideal outer diameter as your OEM tire size and that’s why we recommended it.
  2. Based on the curb weight of your car, a set of 91 load index tires is totally safe. Your heaviest front axle is still below load capacity
Now, are you denying that Tirerack.com would suggest a tire which has lower load index than OEM?
This is ridiculous. Tire Rack didn't recommend an umsafe tire that failed to meet the performance parameters of your car. You have chosen to make it so. As long as the load rating surpasses the vehicle weight at the mounting points, you are completely safe. Just because it's not the same as the tire you took off does not make it unsafe. Move on and enjoy your car without resorting to abject terror whenever you turn the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
I seem to notice a trend going on here. The original poster creates a thread. This one being about the "dangerous" sales tactics that Tirerack uses. The original poster then gets a lot of responses that are against the narrative that they have created. Original poster gets angry and defensive.

Didn't we already play this game with his 100w high beams thread?

The situation seems to be resolved. Maybe the thread can be closed now and we can eagerly await the next thread?

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Good advice. Thread closed.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.