Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This is my introductory post!

So I've found a clean 2006 V6 Nav model. Graphite Pearl with gray interior. 124K miles! I drove it! It's clean. Needs an oil change and a tranny drain + fill. Fluid is brown, but still a little pink. Smells ok. Shifts fine. Might need tranny mounts but I think it's solid.

I have a 2011 Kia Optima I want to trade. It's pictured in my avatar. Got it in May 2018. It's got 187K miles. It looks good but the paint it beginning to fail in areas and it burns a lot of oil.

I never really cared for the car. I don't like how it drives much.

I'm just glad I found one with nav!

We also have a 2007 RDX tech with 283K miles that drives like new!

The Accord definitely feels different than the RDX to drive, but it's definitely still nice and way better than that Kia feels to drive!

Thanks for checking out my thread!

·
Pilot without a plane
368 Posts
Welcome! I'm pretty new on the forum too. We love our 2003 EX coupe. V6 6spd.

Do it! You'll love it. Stay on top of the timing belt changes. Recommended every 105k miles.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why do you like nav? It's so out of date it's a waste of dash space. I wish I could swap out the nav.

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
Last year I rode shotgun in my buddys' wifes Chrysler Pacifica with Navigation. It was 10 years old and looked like a computer program from the early 1990s. Slow as heck (as in "Turn right!" about 50 yards after you passed an intersection doing 30 mph slow).

Computer technology moves at a rapid pace...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Right? If you want to actually use the navi (can't imagine why) you have to buy the discs from Honda every year.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Yeah, for what it's used for, the nav in a 14 year old car is severly out dated and pretty much useless, you're better off with just using your phone's nav.
But, the good news is you got a 7th gen with a V6, leather, et al...
Enjoy it!

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I really thought this place would be a ghost town but I was really wrong.

I think I'm going to pay a little over price for the car, but honestly, I don't care. I've been looking for one fot four years and the time was never right when I found one.

I like the nav, personally. It works exactly like the one in our 2007 RDX. I also want to link a back up camera to it.

I actually had a 2008 TL a couple of years ago, but I got bored with it not having nav. I'm kind of into clean older cars.

But I must say, it feels new still. Like a time machine back to 2006!

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since we ballin', would you consider making a donation to wikipedia kind sir?
Is DA part of Wiki? I'm unfamiliar with this template. Used to VBulletin.

I would but I still want to spend conservatively right now. I'll also be moving and starting a small side business soon too, but thanks for asking!

Really going to try to chew them down on the price BC it needs sevice B4 soon.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! Will check it out! In good with interior repairs!

I've been going to the same Honda dealer for all of my Acura's oil changes for the past three years. I can DIY a little. Not really into DIY-ing a TB/WP job. I've changed a clutch before, and a starter, gaskets and many oil changes!!! I'm not much of a mechanic, but I am a great detailer!

·
Good Guy
13 Posts
Congrats on finding the 7th gen! Hope it works out well for you. My daily driver is a 2007 EX V6 with 155K miles - absolutely great car. We bought it 10 years ago with 38K miles when our 2008 TSX was a little too small for our growing family. Had zero issues and it's a relatively easy car to work on for the home mechanic (especially with the information available on forums like this).

Reactions: Midnight Mystery

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!

Awesome! I really like the car but my friends on the Acura forum are roasting me because I'm willing to pay a extra for a mint condition example. I've been a 7G fan for a lomg time. It was really the gateway car into the world of Honda for me!

I really like the TSX too. I'd look at them some more, but I need something bigger to carry detailing supplys and would perfer the V6 since I'm on the highway a lot.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is overpriced imo but super clean at least. If you cannot buy outright you’re at the mercy of the dealer.. I would say 5-6k. If you are going to pay that price I would make sure the timing belt has been done, tires are fresh and maintenance is up to date.

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
$7,000?!?!

Does that dealer have add-ons and mystery fees and does your state charge 9% tax? No maintenance history, no idea on how many owners nor if it was in salt heavy New York? No info?

Good luck.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. I saw the auto check. It's a local, two owner, but I believe it was owned by someone else in the same family. It's been just outside of New Orleans its entire life. It's spotless. No curb rash, paint has no swirls, nav works, AC is ice cold. Really nothing to report other than needing the 100K tune up and new head liner.

I could have gotten it for $1100 less but it was auctioned to a higher profit dealer before I found it, but it's still local.

I can use needing a TB/WP and tranny fluid in my favor and try to get them back town to Earth on the price.

Used Hondas go for the higest KBB value down here. I think because they rarely show up for sale (most people keep their cars 20 years here) and when they do, they don't last long, so dealers can basically monopolize on that at my expense.

It is overpriced imo but super clean at least. If you cannot buy outright you’re at the mercy of the dealer.. I would say 5-6k. If you are going to pay that price I would make sure the timing belt has been done, tires are fresh and maintenance is up to date.
I actually have to trade a 2011 Kia Optima. It's clean, I just don't like it much. If I can combine trade allowance with chewing them down a little for not having the TB done, I may get an "alright" deal, and that's good enough for me.

If I get the car, I'm going to keep it atleast 5-6 years.

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
If a 2006-2007 V6 was well cared for, it will be indestructible. If you will hang on to it for a while, it does not matter that you paid "$1,000" more than what clowns on an Acura site say. If you plan on getting another car in a year- then you are wasting money.

I am in rusty Chicago. I see more 7th Gens than I do 8th, 9th, and 10th Gens (combined) everyday. I am still ANGRY that my neighbor got rid of her pristine 2006 to some used car dealer (for peanuts) 3 years ago than selling it to me for more money. Her stupid idiotic girlfriends all said, "Oh no, it has 97,000 miles- your 100K service will cost thousands and the car is so old you should buy a new car." Her stupid idiotic girlfriends were all jealous because they were debt slaves getting new cars every three years thinking they were smart. I think she got $3,000 for trade and dealer sold it for $9,000 a week later. I remember it was some crazy price- I may be off $500.

I have another neighbor who has a daughter with a mint, red 2007 V6 EX-L. Single owner....every time the daughter comes to visit I harass them all like a crazy person. "Sell me your car someday- don't trade to the dealer- I will give you more money." I think I scared them but I just don't care anymore.

Reactions: KW2004Accord
1 - 20 of 75 Posts