Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
HaHa! That is a really cool strory!!!!

They keep sending me screen shots of Craigslist ads, but then I click into it, and the car has a big dent or 200K miles or something... They think the mint Accord is worth like $3K. LOL.

They did send me a link to a similar NBP AV6 Nav with a beige interior for $4100 with 156K miles, but I think the paint needs correction and there is a huge dent above the licence plate area. Oh, and it's 800 miles away. How do people dent cars in that spot, anyway?

Anyway. I overpaid by about $1K for the RDX. It was $7800 before TTL, had 175K miles. Had a bunch of door dings, oxidized paint (which delaminated since) and a missing center armrest. That was almost 4 years ago. I now have about 283,500 miles on it, and even though it needed a lot of work after I got it, I still wouldn't let it go for what I paid for it. I love it so much!

It's a little bit tighter driving and slightly faster than the 2007 Accord. It's really cool!

·
Registered
167 Posts
No. I saw the auto check. It's a local, two owner, but I believe it was owned by someone else in the same family. It's been just outside of New Orleans its entire life. It's spotless. No curb rash, paint has no swirls, nav works, AC is ice cold. Really nothing to report other than needing the 100K tune up and new head liner.

I could have gotten it for $1100 less but it was auctioned to a higher profit dealer before I found it, but it's still local.

I can use needing a TB/WP and tranny fluid in my favor and try to get them back town to Earth on the price.

Used Hondas go for the higest KBB value down here. I think because they rarely show up for sale (most people keep their cars 20 years here) and when they do, they don't last long, so dealers can basically monopolize on that at my expense.

I actually have to trade a 2011 Kia Optima. It's clean, I just don't like it much. If I can combine trade allowance with chewing them down a little for not having the TB done, I may get an "alright" deal, and that's good enough for me.

If I get the car, I'm going to keep it atleast 5-6 years.
Have them do the service or drop enough for you to take to someone. Where are you located?

I have done a ton of those belts.. Really not that hard just need to be careful & have it done properly. With quality parts to boot! Agree with you and Jim Jam. If keeping for years, these are some of the years to hold on to.
I would check that transmission fluid and make sure it is not black or smelling burnt. Also make sure there is absolutely no oil leaks. To me, top dollar is alright if there is nothing to bat an eye at being an issue. Otherwise, walk away!

I have a 05 coupe 6-speed you can have for half that price. Body is not clean like that though... Jim Jam; I’m dying about your comment on harassing the neighbors ?

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks!

I need a sedan for my detailing business, though...

As for checking fluids... I did check the transmission fluid. It smeeled like old grease, but it didn't smell burnt. It was dark, but I could still see some pink in it. It needs to be changed ASAP, but atleast, it doesn't look too late. I've seen worse before. It also shifted fine. Only thing it had was the delay from P to R to N, but every Honda I've driven has had that.

It also is at 40% oil life.

As far as fluid leaks go, I couldn't see under the car because I parked back in the same spot after I drove it, but it was parked there all week, so if it's leaking, I'd likely see a puddle in that spot unless the leak is high up and contained. Then, it might smell like burnt fluid like my RDX does from an old oil leak.

I really don't know a shop down in this area...

Thanks! Thanks! All good advice!

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a pristine 07 ex-l sedan v6 with 72k miles by me going for 7,400.
Trying to get my co-worker to grab it up! Virginia Beach

Sorry EX with cloth but loaded and 6,400

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
$7400? Makes me feel less crazy for liking the car I'm looking at... Nice!

I had a co-worker from Virginia Beach! 757 area code, right?

That sounds sweet! What color is it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just messaged him, local small dealer and he had the specs all wrong. It is the 2.4 which is still a great engine. No J30 tho.. better for someone who does not want to deal with maintenance. imo. Yea the good ole 757

From Ohio in the rust belt so living here and collecting cars has been a dream come true.

Attachments

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Definitely nice! I wouldn't personally take a K24 when the J30 is available, but it's definitely still an awesome car! I do love the K24's sound, but I'd probably get poor fuel economy in it the way I drive. Not to mention the steering is way heavier in the J30 for some reason.

It's clean man! Love the ASM. One of my favorite colors because if it's metal flake!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I already talked him down to 6k and my friend is going to look at it tomorrow. You need a 6 speed my friend, they’re addicting. I have two atm and have already been through 5 in the last year.

1 week of owning one I sold my civic of 8 year and never looked back..
Although looking at a 90 civic hatch SI right now!

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I really want to check out the 6MT, but boy, they're hard to find.

There is a 2010 Black 6MT Couple on Craigslist for $5900 right now, but I need 4 doors for work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
2006-07 are the only years they made the 6-speed sedan matched with the V6. I drove 700 miles to get mine.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
167 Posts
Elderly woman racked up all those miles?! Timing belt would have to be recent and all records to prove it was kept up. I personally would not pay close to that with the mileage. There are plenty out there to be had.

If you spend much time on the highway shifting is not an issue but I understand. I just hate not being in full control plus the manual is significantly faster for that gen.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah. I saw it in peson a few weeks ago. It's pretty clean, but still. I'd give him $3000, maybe $3500 for it. Probably a good car after some time in service.

I'm going to be doing a lot of city and highway. It's just not the best idea for me.

Do y'all want to see the other thread on AcuraZine? It's a madhouse. They are literally ripping me to shreads over this.

This car is pretty sweet. I'd just have to go to Dallas. 2006 Honda accord

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You can get it shipped for $500. That'd save you $3k.

Reactions: Midnight Mystery

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
He texted back. Said he sold it, but he still has a 2005. Meh.... Transmission problems and no LED tail lights.

·
Pilot without a plane
368 Posts
That's awesome! I'm just not into manual cars much. I drive too much.
I put on just under 100k last year. Love my 6spd. Personal preference, but I love manual compared to auto.

Transmission drain and refill is super easy on these.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'd love to drive one before I commit to auto, but there's never any in my area that would be convenient for me to test drive.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have to search more than just Craig’slist. Autotrader, offerup, Facebook marketplace is great if you have an account.

Don’t let TX Accord and myself talk you into a manual if not interested. The 6 speed is more work but shifts like butter and is effortless. I live in the city and do not mind the extra work for a much quicker automobile.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It definitely sound awesome! I'm go to have a variety of city/highway/rural, so on...

I'm most scared I'd money shift it when merging....

21 - 40 of 75 Posts