Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
They’re in it to make $$$
It looks super clean & nice. For that amount, maybe worth rocking it out and just saving outright for something?

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks! So, I'm really not saving money... More like I currently have savings that I'm slowly burning through and want the Kia gone before I run out of dough and spend it on little random things instead.

I really hate that I bought the Kia, however it is a nice car! I just can't believe a gave away a perfect 2008 106K mile base TL for it...

It gets crappy highway MPG.... 27-28 or so. My TL got 33 MPG...

Gonna be on the road a lot so the hard seats and numb steering isn't going to cut it anymore.

I checked and CarFax has the trade value correct.

Kias aren't bad cars... But if you get one, don't expect it to be easy to sell.

Last dealer off offered me $1000.... ? ? ?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
... and there is a huge dent above the licence plate area. .... How do people dent cars in that spot, anyway?
Jacked up trucks that we share parking lots with have trailer hitches and all sorts of hard metal protrusions that are above backup camera level that do not appear on the screen, also above bumper level that goes directly into the sheet metal. I almost backed into one last year. I do not doubt there are better drivers who have.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks guys!

Found out the TB was not done. I called the car lot the AV6 is at and they told me that.

I'm conveniently at my Honda dealer right not getting an oil change on the RDX... So, I'll have my service advisor print up the complete invoice for the TB job and bring it to the car lot tomorrow. ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks guys!

Found out the TB was not done. I called the car lot the AV6 is at and they told me that.

I'm conveniently at my Honda dealer right not getting an oil change on the RDX... So, I'll have my service advisor print up the complete invoice for the TB job and bring it to the car lot tomorrow. ?
Smart... I would use as leverage but not a deal breaker. That has the same mileage as my sedan I picked up last year! QMAN, pat yourself on the back!

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks!

I was quoted about $1800 for the complete service with all of the fluids and everything. Hoping to get them to take about $1000 off.

So, $6995-$3200 (trade) and take off another $1000 for the needed maintenance and pay around $2800 for the car. Hopefully!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sweeeeeetness! We enjoy our V6 every time we take it for a drive.

These 7th Gens seems to age pretty well so I think you’ll be pleased!

Reactions: nes and TX Accord

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Will "hopefully" take delivery tomorrow... Just looking for the title to the Kia, which may have gotten misplaced in a move last year...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Will "hopefully" take delivery tomorrow... Just looking for the title to the Kia, which may have gotten misplaced in a move last year...
Looks like 2 trips to the DMV for ya. Speaking of, I need to title 2 cars there tomorrow.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Luckily, we found it.

I also pulled out my 921 LED reverse light bulbs in the Kia, but sadly, they won't fit the Accord...

Now, I just need to find my extra key fob!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have 2 of these and one with a nice aftermarket exhaust ?. Also I hope you had a warm engine before doing this... congratulations!! ?
Engine sounds healthy ?

Also just saw the video on your page with the Kia! How many miles were on that and now I know why you were trying to get rid of it lol

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hey guys!

Yeah, It was warm, cut it off and restarted it so the iconic starter sound would appear in the video!

The Kia had 187,795 at the time of sale. It was burning oil badly in the end. Probably one and a half quarts in the last week, not to mention, I could literally rev pure raw oil through the exhaust!

It's gone, my 7G is mint and then some. The Accord looks like a 2006 Accord that someone would have been bought CPO in 2009!

I need to make a video soon.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
shoulda waited

Reactions: Midnight Mystery

·
Registered
167 Posts
shoulda waited

That 07 you posted with only 52k is already sold!! Think these 7th gems have gained popularity in the last year..
Not certain why.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I don't care... I'm beyond fulfilled with thus car!

Had to make a 90 mile run to New Orleans to register it and damn! It performed so flawlessly!!!

This is probably the best automobile I've ever driven in almost every regard!

And yes, I think it's way better than the overrated TL I had!

·
2007 Acura RDX!
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

Did a Griot's Rinseless Wash and a quick pass with Chemical Guys V07 sealant... I can't believe the shine it puts out... I didn't even edit the picture... Oh, sorry BTW... My phone takes some cryptic pictures at night!

This is before correction or a ceramic coating too!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts