Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new car on Saturday (2 days ago)...2014 Honda Accord Sport - I just noticed last night and also this morning, that when I accelearte I hear some sort of beeing (almost alien-like beeping, if that makes sense) noise coming from somewhere...? It sounds like from the engine but may be coming from something inside? I really don't know what it could be. Has anybody at all had similar issues?

Thank you.

Anybody have any idea what this could be caused froM?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Maybe you got Hybrid hardware/software and that is the beeping to alert pedestrians you are coming:banana:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol...I wish that was the case. Whatever it is, I just want to figure it out so it can get resolved. ASIDE From this I love it.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Is it possible to have noisy fuel injectors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure.
Keep in mind I have 100 miles on the car, 3 days old. Is it possible with more driving and more mileage put on it, the problem/noise can dissipate? Is that very common?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Maybe you're having so much fun with the car and doing burnouts the traction control is causing the beeping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha - I wish that was the case, maybe...

Keep in mind the beep isn't a beep that you would hear with anything related inside the cabin (i.e. lights remain on when car is shut off, traction control, etc)

The beep is only heard when accelerating and it is coming towards the front of the vehicle, where the engine would be, or around that same area. I do not believe it is a "beep" that is standard. I'm not car saavy so I don't know where or what it could be coming from.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Try putting your phone down there with a recorder app. It'll a) let us hear the noise and b) help identify where the noise is coming from if you move the phone around.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Haha - I wish that was the case, maybe...

Keep in mind the beep isn't a beep that you would hear with anything related inside the cabin (i.e. lights remain on when car is shut off, traction control, etc)

The beep is only heard when accelerating and it is coming towards the front of the vehicle, where the engine would be, or around that same area. I do not believe it is a "beep" that is standard. I'm not car saavy so I don't know where or what it could be coming from.
I vote traction control :thmsup: Just out of curiosity what tires are on your car? Where do you live? Gravel, Snow, Ice?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts