Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to put a beer tap in as my shifter, but I drive automatic and it has the button to change through the gears, is this possible to do?? If you have done this post pictures please!

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would love to put a beer tap in as my shifter, but I drive automatic and it has the button to change through the gears, is this possible to do?? If you have done this post pictures please!
You can make damn near anything into a shifter handle, but it is more involved than just tapping a hole in the new shifter. The hard part is building some sort of release for the shifter button you mentioned. One of the best things to do is find a used shifter assembly or take one out of the junk yard, and build your new shifter by reusing as many parts for that mechinism as you can, that way your not tearing apart your stock shifter and if it doesn't work you can still drive your car.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Anything is possible. My buddy's Civic show car:

Attachments

·
7th Gear
86 Posts
I'm sorry, but for a show car that doesn't look finished enough.

I agree about the police giving you problems. What brand beer would you prefer to use?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Show/race whatever. He's got over $40K invested but I guess a missing shift boot is "unfinished"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the info, and I haven't decided yet, I need a short one because a tall handle will hit my double din

Definitely not Coors light haha thats piss water lol but I do like the setup in your buddies car

I love how someone puts a tag in this called "tacky" lol its my car not yours didnt ask for your opinion

·
Registered
275 Posts
Show/race whatever. He's got over $40K invested but I guess a missing shift boot is "unfinished"
Any more pictures? Looks pretty cool from what I see!

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Any more pictures? Looks pretty cool from what I see!
*TOTAL THREAD HIJACK*

Sits something like this with smaller tires now:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan
K24/K20 frankenstein K24A2 (TSX) block, K20A2 (RSX-S) head, K20Z3 (SI) trans:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
The color is Long Beach Blue Pearl from an NSX
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Bumper
Custom valve cover that won "Best Valve Cover" at Import Alliance last year in Nashville:
Green Technology Fashion accessory

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to instigate the hijack but that is impressive. I have always wished I had the time (and money) to build a show car. :thmsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts