Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring there is a high-pitch bell ringing sound when driving straight. It gets louder when turning to the left. It stops when I turn to the right or touch the brakes or emergency brake. When I release the brakes it returns. It seems to be coming from the front end of the car. It is the same pitch no matter how fast I am driving. It comes and goes but now is more common. Any ideas to help me out? --Dave B.

When driving my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring there is a periodic high-pitch bell ringing sound. It gets louder when I turn to the left and goes away when I touch on the brakes or turn to the right. It is the same volume and pitch and constancy. It seems to be coming from the front end and started two weeks ago. It is now more common. Any ideas? --drbaker

When driving my 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring there is a high-pitch bell ringing sound when driving straight. It gets louder when turning to the left. It stops when I turn to the right or touch the brakes or emergency brake. When I release the brakes it returns. It seems to be coming from the front end of the car. It is the same pitch no matter how fast I am driving. It comes and goes but now is more common. Any ideas to help me out? --Dave B.

Sorry for the repeats...I am not sure why this shows up multiple times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good lead. Thanks.

I am trying to record it over the road noise since this happens when I drive.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Any noise that goes away when you apply the brakes makes me think it is coming from the brake pads. It is entirely possible it is the pad wear indicators. The first place I would look is the front brakes. A bad wheel bearing will be a low rumble that starts about 20 to 30 and gets louder the faster you go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any noise that goes away when you apply the brakes makes me think it is coming from the brake pads. It is entirely possible it is the pad wear indicators. The first place I would look is the front brakes. A bad wheel bearing will be a low rumble that starts about 20 to 30 and gets louder the faster you go.

If it was the wear indicators, it would make noise when the brakes are being applied.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
If it was the wear indicators, it would make noise when the brakes are being applied.
Not necessarily, they definitely will make noise if the brakes are not applied. It is something to check, it is more than likely the pads themselves making noise. I think there is a TSB that applies to a similar issue, basically it tells you to clean off the old brake lubricant and put new brake lubricant on the pad shims and other pad contact points.

·
2016 Accord Coupe EX-L
138 Posts
There was a TSB issued for brake noise however not sure if it's related to the OPs issue. TSB 12-081.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Narrowed down the sound...from the left rear wheel. The sound is an intermittent high-pitched tinny rotational sound that gets louder when I turn to the left and goes away when I apply the brakes. When this happens and I stop the car this wheel is warm to the touch.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Could be a dragging brake, especially if you live or drive regularly where salt is used on the roads. It is easy to check, just jack up the car and try to turn the wheel. It should spin freely, if it does not check the brakes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts