Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time poster here…Linked here for brake pad info on my 2014 V6 EX…just got off the phone with Hawk, no ETA on pads…Then spoke to EBC…Red are AVAILABLE and in stock..said they're updating their site today…

F- DP33014C $93.91
R- DP31987C $83.61

I have no affiliation with them, just a wife that's a late braker and blew through pads way to fast. I didn't ask about their other series, (green, blue, yellow) so if you need any of those you may need to call. I asked about the red because it seems to be the best all around.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is good news. Thanks t-1 :)

·
Beast mode!
323 Posts
Does anyone know if the brake pad sizes are different between the I4 vs V6 EX-L? Looking online for new pads and I found a set that ask which trim I have but don't ask for which engine. I just wanted to make sure before I buy them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just replaced my rear rotors/pads with Centric Premium Brake Rotors/Akebono ACT1336 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads. They are awesome.

·
Track Rat
48 Posts
I will be doing a few track days with my 2015 Accord EXL v6 MT and I was wondering if anyone know of any track pads besides the EBC yellowstuff?

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
well honda accord ain't the best braking car at first, i would change all the rotor, pad, caliber when i will change my brake for the first time. there is many other option on the market to get a better braking system

·
ШОС Лука
1,914 Posts
I will be going with EBC Red Stuff brake pads for my Sport. They will compliment very well with my Centric blank rotors.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recently learned that brake pads are marked - here's more info:

All DOT approved pads have friction codes a.k.a edge codes that would help one to understand their performance characteristics. This would help us all understand how pads are baselined, rather than having to rely solely on variables and "opinions" of other users. Lets call them cold bite and warm bite (friction or torque).

The scale is E-H, with E representing no or little friction or bite in comparison to H, with more bite or higher coefficient of friction.

This two letter edge code mandated by the DOT, and painted on all street legal brake pads, will give you some indication of their ability to bite and resist fade, because of the wide range involved in each letter, it is only a rough indication.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Although I've gotten very good life out of Raybestos pads and rotors (more expensive line) I am going to try the Centric/Akembono combo next time I need brakes. Heard great things bout this combo.

·
ШОС Лука
1,914 Posts
EBC red stuff brake pads: FF rating

·
Registered
983 Posts
As I was informed in my thread.

No brake pad, rotor, or SS lines will decrease your stopping distance.

So just put OEM back in.

And EBC pads will wear out so fast you will wonder where they went. On the motorcyle forums we call them vapor ware. I have tried rotors and pads from EBC on my bike and they are gone in no time. Never will buy them again.

·
ШОС Лука
1,914 Posts

So just put OEM back in.

And EBC pads will wear out so fast you will wonder where they went. On the motorcyle forums we call them vapor ware. I have tried rotors and pads from EBC on my bike and they are gone in no time. Never will buy them again.
Sarcasm and anecdotal evidence is strong with this one. I've read completely opposing opinions about EBC brakes. Akebono and EBC are the more popular brands in Europe and they know a thing or two about brakes.

·
O do u know the buffinman
4,560 Posts
With all this talk about the best I have not heard anyone talk about bedding brake pads.
How many of your bed in your pads and rotors??
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85

This is the main cause of pulsation or "warped rotors"

Cheap metals in rotor material too.

Has anyone tried cryogenic??
Frozen Rotors Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

Just wondering??

I have run OE pads on my 08 for over 112k with no issues.(3 fronts and 4 rears)
I just replaced Front and Rears on my Pilot (wear indicators both started singing the same day) Cannot complain over 49k on original pads.

I1:wave:

·
Registered
983 Posts
You must bed your brakes in! It is a process of 45 - 5 mph start and stops, like 15-20 times, and then a cool off.

I am not busting on your brake pads but you will see EBC go very fast. I have tried 2 rotors and 4 sets of pads. IMHO they wear out very fast and are not worth the money. Hawk pads will run circles around them.

My 11 year old rotors are still running strong that are frozen type. Never an issue with them, never needed turned just throw new pads in. They were StopTech.

·
AccordCoupe'13
139 Posts
Sarcasm and anecdotal evidence is strong with this one. I've read completely opposing opinions about EBC brakes. Akebono and EBC are the more popular brands in Europe and they know a thing or two about brakes.
Ask Roy pollack about it. EBC redstuff is wearing excessively fast. But you've already bought them right...

·
Registered
745 Posts
You must bed your brakes in! It is a process of 45 - 5 mph start and stops, like 15-20 times, and then a cool off.

I am not busting on your brake pads but you will see EBC go very fast. I have tried 2 rotors and 4 sets of pads. IMHO they wear out very fast and are not worth the money. Hawk pads will run circles around them.

My 11 year old rotors are still running strong that are frozen type. Never an issue with them, never needed turned just throw new pads in. They were StopTech.
+1 for hawk pads. My akebono pro act which highly regarded here ain't all that. Low dust, low noise but low bite too, as with any ceramic pad. They wear slow too so I guess that's good for the masses. I tried em and should have trusted my past experience and gone semi metallic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LAF,
same situation here. 2015 w 10K mi. Two trips from Breckenridge to DIA for granddaughter. Shake us got worse and worse but only on the big grades. Fine on even hard stopping on level road which also may clear some buildup per others here. Wheel nut torque checked out ok. Dealer rotated just before trip. So I think we are ok to drive home to Houston and get rotors checked there. And then upgrade when needed. Thanks to all for info. Very helpful especially this far from home.

Driving around America, listening to country music on the radio, playing golf, and eatin' BBQ!

·
Registered
361 Posts
For me it's not a matter of stopping faster. I don't like brake vibration. That is the only reason I would consider different pads and or rotors.
What is brake vibration? If you're feeling vibration, your rotors are probably warped.

So just put OEM back in.

I concur. Had EBC greens and they only lasted 12K miles with new Brembo OE rotors. Braking was superb and I had instant braking, but just not worth the hassle. The EBC greens also ate up my rotors in that 12K miles.

I'm now using Hawks with centric cryo treated rotors. Braking is not as good as EBC, but still better than Honda pads.

·
2013 Accord Touring EX-L
5 Posts
Best Brake Pads?

hello,

I have a 4 cylinder accord 2013. I am trying to find the best front brake pads with little dust or no dust. The factory Honda pads are junk and have lots of dust and want to change them.
What brand would be best for my car? and have a great stopping power and almost NO DUST.

Thank you,

Joanne:0

·
Registered
275 Posts
Honestly, it's a pretty subjective thing. I used to like Nissins that most Hondas wear as OEM pads. They were ok, didn't dust the rims much and lasted quite long but when they became unavailable in Poland (except for Honda dealers who priced them with no corelation to their real value) I ordered Hawks and now I wouldn't like any others even though my rims are often dirty - they just stop the car much better.
If you look for universal things, you usually compromise...

41 - 60 of 90 Posts