Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,412 Posts
I like the Honda pads because they don't squeal. I can wash the dust off when I wash the car, but the squeal just gets worse. If you get pads that don't wear as much, the rotors will wear quicker. It's a compromise.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I have tried a bunch of different pads, still think the OEMs are the best compromise. They do horribly on the highway at speed always have judder when they heat up... but no noise and dust.

Honda offers lifetime brake pads now here in Canada... wish they offered lifetime rotors... cause the pad deposits always do them in... and pads never seem to wear out.

The best pads for performance and zero rotor shudder were PBR Ultimates... but they were SO noisy and dusty I couldn't stand them. Was glad to sell my TSX with them on. lol.

I've tried both Hawk Performance Ceramic and HPS... not happy with either.

Anyone try Stoptech Street? Seem to have some good initial reviews. Good price too.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Best pads and rotors for 16 Accord Sport?

I got 90k miles out of my brakes and they are starting to squeal a little bit in the front. Should I replace the rear at the same time? Should I go to Auto Zone or get better brakes from somewhere else? Please provide me some help on this subject. Links and pictures approved!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
Holy thread revival.

I got slotted Stoptech Cryo rotors with Autozone Ceramic pads because they have lifetime replacement

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk
I agree. I have high carbon rotors with ceramic pads and love the snot out of them. Loving my R1 brakes. Stoptech and R1 get there rotors from the same place over seas. Im not sure if cryo rotors are harder than high carbon steel rotors but if so go with them. The harder the steel in the rotor with a ceramic pad will equal great brakes with no warping of the rotor. Ceramic pads are quiet and have little to no dust. But they also dont let heat into the caliper as much so with hard driving they can put more heat into the rotor. I have been hammering on my high carbon rotors and they are good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Holy thread revival.

I got slotted Stoptech Cryo rotors with Autozone Ceramic pads because they have lifetime replacement

What was the price and where did you get them from?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How is the wear. I drive 30k a year and I'd like them to hold up a while.

Last set I had lasted through 4 sets of pads before I sold the car.
Dang, the fronts are not available anymore for the cyro-tech

Looks like they are to me. Can you not add to cart? I just got these new ones a month ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Last set I had lasted through 4 sets of pads before I sold the car. Looks like they are to me. Can you not add to cart? I just got these new ones a month ago.

Crazy, I only show rear rotors available.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The 16 Accord sport sedan. I'm having a hard time finding just the slotted rotors for me.

I see the same thing putting in a 2016 Sport. Your brakes increased in size over 2013-2015. Looks like you'd have to go with the non Cryo Slotted rotors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see the same thing putting in a 2016 Sport. Your brakes increased in size over 2013-2015. Looks like you'd have to go with the non Cryo Slotted rotors.

I'll probably be doing the same thing soon, but not sure on what pads I want. Dust is not a concern for me but I do want them to bite better than OEM and be more resistant to heat. Got pics of the final product? I've always liked the looks of slotted/drilled rotors

·
2006 Accord EX
1,190 Posts
Holy thread revival.
LOL...

My .02...I love these "what's the best brakes?? " threads...as the sky's limit with brakes, but...
I didn't go bananas with my 7 gen either, but I put high carbon e-coated rotors with ceramic pads on both front and back...I'd go with Wagner QS series again, if it were my choice.
Your choice of rotors and pads is pretty much what I did, minus the slots, I just didn't feel I needed them, so I passed.

I'm not the fastest guy on the road but I do about 75-80, routinely, a "spirited driver"(as Tire Rack defines it)and this change from OEM has less brake fade and, I'd estimate about 15%-20% shorter stopping time if I had to put a number on it.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
2006 Accord EX
1,190 Posts
How much mileage is on the car? how old are the rotors and pads?
The bigger question: are you doing this yourself??

If the rotors are original they've probably got glazing, which, now it's easier just to replace them, and cost is the same as "resurfacing"... I went with full ceramic and high carbon rotors, but that's your call.
It's not a heat issue, so forget about drilled/slotted rotors, I say.
Re-bedding won't help, IMO, once they're glazed over, it's done. Stick a fork in them.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts