Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,200 Posts
Unless something is lose; otherwise have all the caliper sliding pins lubricated with the proper grease. I don't think bad rotors or pads are in the equation.

·
Super Moderator
12,938 Posts
Welcome.

Search the forum for your answers.

Drilled/slotted rotors are not for performance, but for looks.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Didn't it come with a warranty if it's a CPO and you only got it 6 weeks ago?

So why not let the dealer hassle with it? You'll have plenty of time to wrench it yourself after the warranty expires... :wink

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Rotors got grooved/glazed in 6 weeks? Come on..! How many miles have you put on it since you got it?

I'll give you odds they never even looked at the rotors, or they just ignored the problems and slapped the CPO sticker on the car. I'd push back on them, hard. Talk to the service manager and to your sales person. This is a lousy way to treat customer, new or CPO.

·
Super Moderator
12,938 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
On drilled:

1. More air/metal surface = better cooling. Holes do that.
2. Less brakepad/metal surface = less braking - so such brakes usually have larger pad areas to compensate.
3. Scouring. Claims that holes and/or slots help scour away surface contaminants are likely valid. Airflow around the brake to blow off dust is important.
4. Quality is important since holes necessarily weaken the overall disk. Non trivial methods required to avoid crack propagation.
5. Such on a Honda Accord is generally ludicrous unless it's a custom car that's been modded to the T's.

Rick: it's silly to assume that holes/slots have no effect at all. That such effect is needed for daily drives is silly to be sure.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I can attest to the scouring. I have never had a set of slotted rotors start pulsing on me. My last Accord had some cheaper set of slotted and drilled rotors and they were fine for a while till the drilled holes started having micro cracks, even though they were chamfered. I then went to Cryo rotors from Power Slot on my 03 and loved them. So I got the same rotors for my 13 (Stoptech now)

Sent from my LG V30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
So you ask. I buy Wagner e-Coated rotors for clean looks. Stock vented rotor style is fine by me. For the pads I get Wagner Thermo Quite as they work very well in all conditions on May of my vehicles, trucks included. Slotted, vented, and etc rotors are a total waste of dollars if your not hard tracking, auto crossing, your car. Hey, even NASCAR doesn’t always vent ( drill) their rotors. Slotted maybe slightly beneficial with hard use but really not necessary.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm wanting to know what kind of mileage 9th generation V6 accord owners are getting out of your front/rear brakes. I have 25,000 miles and seems like there is a lot of pad material left.

Also is there a better rotor/pad replacement v.s dealer parts? If so can you list what brand and how much better it perform v.s dealer replacement parts. It would be nice to have slightly less brake dust.

Thanks for the feedback.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts