1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts
You will get 10000000000000000000x different opinons from different people.

·
08 White Honda Accord
293 Posts
Ive heard alot of good things about this wax but i havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
A friend of mine... who loves his cars, recommend the following wax. Stated this is one of the best:

Collinite Insulator Wax
http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-845-Insulator-Wax/dp/B000AP1JUA

It gets great reviews. Anyone try this? Or want to recommend another wax?
This is regarded as one really good wax especially for winter time especially for its durability and looks. I haven't tried it personally though, but I do use Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant topped with Autoglym HD Wax.

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
this wax is great, they use it on Power lines!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Check out autogeek.com

I love this website, they may even turn you on to paint sealants instead of wax - lasts longer

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Check out autogeek.com

I love this website, they may even turn you on to paint sealants instead of wax - lasts longer
Actually Collinite 845 last about as long as a paint sealant or longer from what I've heard.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Actually Collinite 845 last about as long as a paint sealant or longer from what I've heard.
#845 over on AG is practically considered a sealant.

I love the stuff, easy application (meant to go on very thin) and extremely durable/lasting. For the price, it's amazing.

It doesn't reach into the upper echelon of premium waxes, Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Juice (and then there is insanity where people start paying 300-500 even a thousand dollar for some special waxes). But nonetheless, Collinite will leave you impressed and your wallet fatter.

My personal routine (of course, working with a thoroughly clean paint surface..this process does not gain any correction at all), thanks to the input of folks here and at the 8G based forum..

Mezerna Power Lock (sealant) > Collinite #845 > Autoglym HD Wax

Excessive, perhaps..but I love the outcome. Autoglym is made in the UK and was quite exclusive for years. It is now sold at Wal-Mart (of all places!!) and is considered a steal for a entry level luxury/premium wax. It was 60 dollars for a can, 75-80$ for the kit for awhile -- had to be imported. You can pick up the kit w/ applicators/MF/and can of wax for $35.99 from most Wal-Marts (upper class areas if you are metropolitan based..at least that's how it worked out here in Indianapolis when my search was on).

I just ordered up some Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476 during AutoGeek's cyber monday sale. Looking forward to trying it out.

btw... I use Mezerna Power Lock > Collinite 845 on my stock 18" rims...really makes cleaning easy, brake dust accumulation is slowed down and they look good/clean even with a few light rains.

Happy detailing!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
#845 over on AG is practically considered a sealant.

I love the stuff, easy application (meant to go on very thin) and extremely durable/lasting. For the price, it's amazing.

It doesn't reach into the upper echelon of premium waxes, Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Juice (and then there is insanity where people start paying 300-500 even a thousand dollar for some special waxes). But nonetheless, Collinite will leave you impressed and your wallet fatter.

My personal routine (of course, working with a thoroughly clean paint surface..this process does not gain any correction at all), thanks to the input of folks here and at the 8G based forum..

Mezerna Power Lock (sealant) > Collinite #845 > Autoglym HD Wax

Excessive, perhaps..but I love the outcome. Autoglym is made in the UK and was quite exclusive for years. It is now sold at Wal-Mart (of all places!!) and is considered a steal for a entry level luxury/premium wax. It was 60 dollars for a can, 75-80$ for the kit for awhile -- had to be imported. You can pick up the kit w/ applicators/MF/and can of wax for $35.99 from most Wal-Marts (upper class areas if you are metropolitan based..at least that's how it worked out here in Indianapolis when my search was on).

I just ordered up some Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476 during AutoGeek's cyber monday sale. Looking forward to trying it out.

btw... I use Mezerna Power Lock > Collinite 845 on my stock 18" rims...really makes cleaning easy, brake dust accumulation is slowed down and they look look good even with a few light rains.

Happy detailing!
I was wondering how you like Menzerna Power Lock and what has been your observation on estimated durability? I currently use 2 coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with 1 coat of Autoglym HD wax as mentioned above and I like it alot but I like trying new things.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently waxed my car with Eagle One gel wax with carnuba, less than ten dollars at any store. It was very easy on and off and gave me the wettest look since the paint was new two years ago. I don't know how long it will last, but with the ease of application, I wouldn't mind doing it every month. And it doesn't smell bad at all. It also does not dry to a white powder, so you get pretty sloppy with it and not worry about your glass or plastic trim.

homer

2009 lx-s 5mt
100% stock
(except for the 49'r floor mats)

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
I'm a klasse twins fan. Great long lasting protection, then I top off with s100 paste wax. Everyone should know there is only one right answer to this question :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I was wondering how you like Menzerna Power Lock and what has been your observation on estimated durability? I currently use 2 coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with 1 coat of Autoglym HD wax as mentioned above and I like it alot but I like trying new things.
Haha, I have some sample Blackfire WD I want to try out in the early Spring

I think we both have the same detailing 'bug', but not to the severity of some... :D

Very positive results..I definitely notice a difference as I did one half of my trunk lid top without PL and one half with, before using 845 and then HD. After a week, it seemed to add a little more depth to the side I used it on. After 2 months.. both sides were holding well and doing the job, but a noticeable different on the side i used PL on. More pronounced beading and that slight amount of depth/color 'pop' still there in direct sun or bright florescent light. From what I have read...Blackfire WD, Mezerna PL and Wolfgang PS 3.0 are pretty on par with each other..slight differences here and there. I guess it's really up to us to figure out what we like best. In my eval of products, I weigh application pretty heavily...some don't and don't mind a tough/ product to apply/remove. Not I.

Saddens me that I won't be doing a thorough detail until Spring now... just maintaining my winter procedure/coats and keeping the snow/muck off as best I can.

...then I top off with s100 paste wax. Everyone should know there is only one right answer to this question :)
+1 ..another great wax for the price! It's the equivalent of P21s Wax at basically half the price. Intended for motorcycle consumers, detailing enthusiasts picked up on it being the same container, just a diff sleeve, than P21s Wax. Stuff goes on so easy and comes off easy too, another one meant to be applied in thin coats.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Haha, I have some sample Blackfire WD I want to try out in the early Spring

I think we both have the same detailing 'bug', but not to the severity of some... :D

Very positive results..I definitely notice a difference as I did one half of my trunk lid top without PL and one half with, before using 845 and then HD. After a week, it seemed to add a little more depth to the side I used it on. After 2 months.. both sides were holding well and doing the job, but a noticeable different on the side i used PL on. More pronounced beading and that slight amount of depth/color 'pop' still there in direct sun or bright florescent light. From what I have read...Blackfire WD, Mezerna PL and Wolfgang PS 3.0 are pretty on par with each other..slight differences here and there. I guess it's really up to us to figure out what we like best. In my eval of products, I weigh application pretty heavily...some don't and don't mind a tough/ product to apply/remove. Not I.

Saddens me that I won't be doing a thorough detail until Spring now... just maintaining my winter procedure/coats and keeping the snow/muck off as best I can.
Lol, yes it seems so. I however will not spend more than $50 for a wax or sealant unless I got it for free. I also have PPM color, and Blackfire WD topped with Autoglym HD really makes the paint pop and deep looking. Makes it extremely glittery even a couple houses away. One thing about Autoglym HD was I found it a little tough for removal, not extremely hard but required a bit of work compared to Blackfire Wet Diamond. Do you use ONR during winter time? Good thing for me is I live in FL which gives me pretty nice weather year round.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
You would be hard pressed to beat Collinite Insulator Wax in durability and it has a very nice look also. For all practical purposes it is a sealant containing carnauba wax. When using it there are two things that are extremely important: 1. shake the product vigorously until it thins out into a runny liquid. 2. apply it so thin that you have trouble seeing it on the surface then wipe it off of that panel. Too thick of an application and leaving it on too long can turn into an unpleasant ordeal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i live in Hawaii where we are exposed to just about all the elements from fall out, hard water, salt, red dirt and tons of others. I have a huge wax collection but i would say 845 is great stuff. It may not enhance the looks of your vehicle like some of the other botique waxes do but durrability is top notch with this product.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts