Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing some searches but didn't find anything overly straight forward. What brand of LED Fogs would match the color of the Touring LED Headlights? Ideally I don't want to spend $180 bucks for the XenonDepot fogs. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not sure any LED is going to give a functional result. Sure, color may match, but will it provide usable output?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest living in Miami it's not much for functional moreso the look. The Yellow fogs look pretty bad in comparison to the Touring headlights in my opinion.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've got HID fogs... Releatively inexpensive and they don't blind anybody. Plus, they really do provide usable light output, I've noticed a real difference. You thought of going that route? LED's only really seem to work for DRL's.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The thing I've noticed about trying to match LEDs, is that only other LEDs will truly match. I've yet to see any HIDs that match well with LEDs, even at the same color temperature. For example, none of the HIDs I've tried in my low beams have matched well with my V6's DRL strip. I've tried 4300K, 5000K, and 5500K. Only the XenonDepot LED headlight kit, which is around 5500K was somewhat close. It's just too bad they didn't work very well for the low beams and I had to take them out.

I've never seen the Touring LEDs in person, so I'm not even sure what to recommend to match them. Any decent pair of LED fog light bulbs is going to cost $60+ anyway, so you might as well get something that will last and has a good warranty. The Philips bulbs on xenondepot.com are $153 with the 15% discount, which is pricey. But Philips is a great brand, the bulbs have a 3-year warranty, and they're rated to last 12 years. Their 6000K color temp should be close to the Touring LEDs, which I believe are around 5500K. There's also the XD LED kit that I tried in my lows, which is slightly less expensive at $115 shipped and to my eyes look to be about 5500K (possibly a good match for the Touring lights).

HIDs are an option and can be had for much cheaper (though you get what you pay for), but honestly, if I went the HID route for my fogs, I'd get 3000K instead of 5000-6000K. I'd also go with the $150 Morimoto (or XenonDepot) kit and not some cheapo $40 ebay special. I think deep yellow fogs look better with HID/LED low beams than attempting to match them up (which, in my experience, is difficult).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to be sure, assuming I go with 30W LED Fogs, I shouldn't need any resistors or anything of the sort right? It should just be plug and play no?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just to be sure, assuming I go with 30W LED Fogs, I shouldn't need any resistors or anything of the sort right? It should just be plug and play no?
Yes, it's plug and play. The only time you need to worry about resistors is if you're replacing your turn signal bulbs with LEDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts