Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought Oscram 2 pairs H11 bulbs from Xenon Depot. 1 for my low beams and 1 for my fogs, only to find out that the pin inside the connector for the Oscram bulbs doesn't even match and line up with the pin for the power source that connects to the bulb. Needless to say, i'll be calling XenonDepot at exactly 10am so they can take this crap back and give me my $135 back. Im done tinkering with the Fog lights and the light strip, i just want HIDs and thats it. Can anyone link me to a good and easy to install HID kit for my Honda Accord 2014 LX? I saw how easy they are to install online and i'd like to give it a try considering that i won't have to slice wires.

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
All I can say is this has been covered way too many times on this forum. A simple search would bring up numerous threads. There is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Some will tell you that putting HIDs in our factory halogen projectors is fine and they are happy with it, while others will tell you that they are not intended to be used with our halogen projectors (I'm in this camp) and actually make down road visibility worse at night as they cast a pool of light directly in front of the car and less down road light and in turn are blinding to oncoming drivers. The main reason people get them is because they look cool.

I would recommend doing it the right way which is this way: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/158321-4g-tl-hid-projector-retrofit.html

At the end of the day, it's your decision and you will do what you want to do. That's why you mod your car they way YOU want it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They actually fit properly..Im just an idiot, i was trying to fit the low beam bulbs in the high beam port and so on..

I actually thought the bulbs were "white"..Like HID kind white, but oh well, i'm not getting HIDs anymore because of what Amaizenblue said. I'll just leave it alone. Im trying to change the strip light right now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to update that i successfully changed the parking light bulb. That has to be the hardest bulb to change EVER! I have big hands, so i struggles in pain to get that thing to twist counter clockwise!

Anyways, does anyone know if H11 bulbs will fit with the fog lights or do the fogs only use H8?

Also, if anyone is going to install fogs, i'd advise you to take it to the dealership! They did an EXCELLENT job. I'm glad i didn't take it to an electrical shop. They would have never done it like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts