Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best intake and exhaust systems that come for the Accord coupe V6? For intake I was thinking the takeda or k&n, and for the exhaust i as thinking the magnaflow or greddy evo 2. If I could find someone in my area that can do a custom exhaust i would, but I don't. I don't want a overwhelming fart can on the back of my car either...

·
Registered
851 Posts
i only have an intake, and its a takeda, i love it! its so sweet and i do not regret buying it at all!
for an exhaust i think i would go with magnaflow or even a flowmaster

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
SRI = Takeda or K&N (Takeda gets my vote)

CAI = AEM

Exhaust = Magnaflow CB ES or Megan CB ES (personally, although more money...I find the tone and look of the Megan system to be more refined)

Mark from Throwdown can hook you up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SRI = Takeda or K&N (Takeda gets my vote)

CAI = AEM

Exhaust = Magnaflow CB ES or Megan CB ES (personally, although more money...I find the tone and look of the Megan system to be more refined)

Mark from Throwdown can hook you up!
Which one has more hp & tq benifits? And you think I should get a CAI or SRI?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Haha, I'd just look up both on forums, look at some of the drive by videos posted by others...see if there are dyno sheets out there... the exhaust alone will help..but it's the 3 cat's on our cars that really a choke point of our cars.

Both will free up the exhaust a lot compared to stock...but most have a J-pipe / test pipe setup as well... lots of little variables. I personally just like the sound output from the Megan option more, as well as it's look out the back of the car.. the MF option just happens to be about 200$ less...but heck a CB ES @ 650$ from Megan Racing is nothing to scoff at--a nice deal if you ask me.

SRI all the way...especially if you see much rain or poor weather conditions... AEM CAI is harder to install ..does yield more direct cold air, but need the bypass on it for insurance --overall making it a significant amt more.

Hittman (guy who makes video tutorials and is on this forum) brought a good point about the SRI...although it is in the engine bay...after removing the stock intake box...you are left with the tubing fed from the front, the sort of pushes fresh air from the front of the car to the SRI filter.

Good luck! Lot's of past discussion god in depth about both subj matters... Just do a search on 'Takeda' or 'Magnaflow'' or 'exhaust' in the 8G section using Advanced Search...lots to pour over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts