Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've done a bit of some research here & there and have come up with the fact that a lot of people are backing EBC & Brembo. I spoke to 2 mechanics who say that I should go with standard Prem. or Beck/Arnley.

I will say that I don't drive the car hard and I don't live in the city where it's all stop'n'go, so I don't need street performance rotors just the best reliable replacement rotors.

What do you guys think?

Thank you all for any help :thmsup:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Welcome to DA, based on your needs, then basic rotors and Wagner Ceramic brake pads from Autozone or PepBoys are all you need to have, don't get fooled into all the performance claims, no need for that for everyday driving on city roads.

In fact, you should also look into your tires, you can have the BEST brake rotors and pads and it won't do you much good if your tires can't actually grip the road surface well.

I always chuckle at those folks who would spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on "Performance Rotors" and "Performance Pads" and fancy rims, yet are too cheap to replace the crappy tires which actually provides the final contact to the road surface to slow/stop the car.

Makes no sense, does it?! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You so much Aviography, I appreciate the help. You know you're right, most people don't consider the their tires as the final contact, funny how that is. Good thing for me I went with a great set of all season traction's on my car :D

·
Bout it, Bout it
738 Posts
I only use basic rotors from AAP/Napa and have had no problems. Good pads matter more than rotors do. The important things are to torque the lug nuts to spec and bed the new pads in properly after a brake job.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
...and brake fluid! Know that your brake fluid should be replaced every 2-3 years, regardless of mileage or how you "drive" the car. Brake fluid is "hygroscopic"- it attracts water over time and loses its effectiveness this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts