Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the group and now new Accord owner (2010). Absolutely love this car. With that being said, in your experience what would be the best high & low beam bulbs for this car. Lens's are starting to get hazed over a bit (either replacing or sanding them soon). I need brightness fellas/ladies.

Also, has anyone replaced the engine bay cover that is under the car? Mine is busted up. I've heard both pros & cons about using aftermarket, I mean it's just a piece of plastic lol. So I figured I'd come here and see what some of the OG's have to say.

Links if possible :)

Thank you in advance.

Gearhead Girl 馃
For the headlight lenses, once you restore them, you should try using a sealant. They block UV rays to prevent the hazing from coming back. I've been using one for a little over a year, parking in direct sunlight, and they still look great.

For the bulbs, you have a couple of options. The simplest option would be to get some brighter halogen bulbs. I'm waiting for my current ones to burn out before replacing them, but I've seen some here recommend Sylvania SilverStar Ultra.

Registered
I just replaced headlights in 2008 and 2010 Accords, they both had original Sylvania bulbs which were getting dim (that happens over time.) I used Hella High Performance +50 halogen bulbs which are brighter but have shorter life (always true regardless of brand). Since the original bulbs lasted so long I'm not too worried about shorter life. Rock Auto has excellent prices on bulbs; I got 4 high beam and 4 low beam bulbs for $25.49 including tax & shipping.

Also, has anyone replaced the engine bay cover that is under the car? Mine is busted up. I've heard both pros & cons about using aftermarket, I mean it's just a piece of plastic lol. So I figured I'd come here and see what some of the OG's have to say.
I also replaced engine lower cover (Honda's name) on both vehicles. I ordered it from Carparts.com. Price was good especially since I spread the cost of shipping over 2 covers. However, the part I ordered required some "adjustment" to get it to fit. You can read my review on the website for the details; I also list the clips you will need since they are not included. I noticed that they also have a Dorman part available now which costs a little more but should be higher quality.

Another comment I didn't mention in review since other reviewers had covered it is that the part is not one single injection molding - the part that protrudes furthest back is separate and it is solidly riveted to the front part. So, if that bothers you pay double and get the OEM part.

Yea I modded my car again
I actually got me a powdercoated red valve cover and then used the 3.7 TH SH AWD cover on that. Looks so sexy. Very clean look also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts