Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just replaced headlights in 2008 and 2010 Accords, they both had original Sylvania bulbs which were getting dim (that happens over time.) I used Hella High Performance +50 halogen bulbs which are brighter but have shorter life (always true regardless of brand). Since the original bulbs lasted so long I'm not too worried about shorter life. Rock Auto has excellent prices on bulbs; I got 4 high beam and 4 low beam bulbs for $25.49 including tax & shipping.

Also, has anyone replaced the engine bay cover that is under the car? Mine is busted up. I've heard both pros & cons about using aftermarket, I mean it's just a piece of plastic lol. So I figured I'd come here and see what some of the OG's have to say.
I also replaced engine lower cover (Honda's name) on both vehicles. I ordered it from Carparts.com. Price was good especially since I spread the cost of shipping over 2 covers. However, the part I ordered required some "adjustment" to get it to fit. You can read my review on the website for the details; I also list the clips you will need since they are not included. I noticed that they also have a Dorman part available now which costs a little more but should be higher quality.

Another comment I didn't mention in review since other reviewers had covered it is that the part is not one single injection molding - the part that protrudes furthest back is separate and it is solidly riveted to the front part. So, if that bothers you pay double and get the OEM part.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts