Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so many posts on here about different iPod integrations. What's the consensus on the best option out now? Ideally, I'm looking for a device that will charge the iPod while connect and allow the music to be played through the factory head-unit (not FM transmitters).

Thanks in advance for your time/help!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome aboard. Newbies buy the first round. It's hot here, so make mine a Mountain Dew Slurpee with Vodka. I've only been here a couple of weeks and the info here is INVALUABLE.

I just got an iSimple Gateway put in my '07, but they don't cover your car. Check this out - it looks like it works just like what I have. If there's an extra cable spot on the box use a 3.5mm stereo jack with it. I did and can hook up my Blackberry to stream Pandora or Slacker to the head unit. The stereo button integration is nice, but the menus scroll SLOWLY and you have to do a little button dance on the head unit to get where you're going. My research shows that all of these units are like that though.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Shawn,

See my link below for Aux/iPods. Since you have an LX without XM radio, I recommend the Dice Silverline iPod kit. I have had mine installed for years with no issues. I have heard too many complaints about the USAspec unit. The Dice Silverline will charge your iPod and allow you to control it with your stereo controls. You won't get the text display, but it will emulate an external CD-Changer and advance track numbers as each song plays. You can also pick playlists, artists, albums from the stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts