Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have input on a good leather cleaner? I have heard leather masters and 303?

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
The leather surfaces in your car are coated with a clear layer of polyurethane, Aerospace 303 will be the right stuff to use, Leather Master or any other liquid meant for real leather surface will do nothing on the plastic coating.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked about the leather masters because I planned on cleaning my moms cls too . Would 303 work good on that as well.

·
Swirl Free
1,714 Posts
Start it off right with just a warm water and terry cloth wipe down once a week or so depending on your driving habits.

Things like getting into the car when sweaty (after sporting event or gym) you will need to accelerate the wipe downs.

With regular warm water and terry cloth wipedowns you may only need a very mild cleaner once a year.

·
4,637 Posts
The leather covered steering wheel and shifter in the car was starting to get dirty and shiny. So I bought some Blue Magic Interior Detailer and it worked very well. I think I like it better than Surf City Dash Away which is around $10. At a local discount store this stuff was only $3.19 with a money back guarantee. Link:

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
MotorCity Honda is an EXPERT detailer. If he makes a comment you need to listen up and pay attention. He won't say so about himself so I will: If this man gives you a tip then treat it as gospel. I know him well, he has exceeded the best I could ever accomplish and is qualified to work on your Ferrari or any exotic available today. Think he has good advice on a Honda? He did own one (has a new one now) and kept it in incredible shape well in excess of 110K miles, it looked as new inside and out.

Care to learn? Listen to this man. I helped him get his start and now I learn from him. I'm proud that he has become MY teacher.

·
Swirl Free
1,714 Posts
MotorCity Honda is an EXPERT detailer. If he makes a comment you need to listen up and pay attention. He won't say so about himself so I will: If this man gives you a tip then treat it as gospel. I know him well, he has exceeded the best I could ever accomplish and is qualified to work on your Ferrari or any exotic available today. Think he has good advice on a Honda? He did own one (has a new one now) and kept it in incredible shape well in excess of 110K miles, it looked as new inside and out.

Care to learn? Listen to this man. I helped him get his start and now I learn from him. I'm proud that he has become MY teacher.
YOU SIR and far too kind...

Thank you for speaking so highly of me friend!

·
10,137 Posts
MotorCity Honda is WAY off base here. The suggestion that wipe downs are needed more frequently based on "driving habits" is a farse. It has to do with how many fast-food drive up windows you visit.
Actually it's how many spills once you leave the window. :lmao:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, the dashboard isnt leather correct? Just want to double check.

·
10,137 Posts
When the time comes that seats actually do need cleaning Woolite & water works perfectly, I've used it on more cars than I can count. I've mentioned it here many times so search a bit for ratios of Woolite to water, preferably distilled.

·
We owe Mr. Soichiro Honda
114 Posts
Thanks to the advice above I use this to clean about twice a year followed by 303. I believe use 1 part woolite to 8 parts water.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you buy 303 locally? or do you have to order it online?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Start it off right with just a warm water and terry cloth wipe down once a week or so depending on your driving habits.

Things like getting into the car when sweaty (after sporting event or gym) you will need to accelerate the wipe downs.

With regular warm water and terry cloth wipedowns you may only need a very mild cleaner once a year.
This is the first, most important and most often missed step in the whole detail process IMO. Get the filth and grime off THEN you put on the fancy protectants, dressings, goo.. shiny stuff whatever you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts