Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that if it just needs a rear to front rotation I could just jack one side and lift both tires off the ground but just not sure where the jack point would be to do this?

Also how do I know what is the best rotation to follow, Rearward cross, Forward Cross, X Pattern or Front to Rear?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm assuming that if it just needs a rear to front rotation I could just jack one side and lift both tires off the ground but just not sure where the jack point would be to do this?

Also how do I know what is the best rotation to follow, Rearward cross, Forward Cross, X Pattern or Front to Rear?
Please don't take this the wrong way, I truly believe in an open forum where everyone can share, but the answer to your question is available in your owners manual. Best of luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
just lift it barely enough so you can remove the tires. You are not getting under the car anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought the 6-Million Dollar Man's name was Steve, not Jack.

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
northern NJ eh? passiac county here

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please don't take this the wrong way, I truly believe in an open forum where everyone can share, but the answer to your question is available in your owners manual. Best of luck.
Sorry but I don't have the manual :headbash:

·
~Sexy Time~
1,264 Posts
i also beleive there are lil markings on the body of the car to see where to place it

·
Registered
594 Posts
There is these little metal hangers type under the car one in the front and one on the back,front is behind the tire under the door towards the mirror and the back one is in front the tire alittle behind the door,there on both sides of the car...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thats for the coupe but there should have them on the sedan on the same part

·
Registered
851 Posts
morris county here :p
dude if your going to be doing a tire rotations at home go to walmart n buy the 2 ton jack for 19 bucks n 2 jack stands for 25 its a great deal n will help out on all the diy projects

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
There is these little metal hangers type under the car one in the front and one on the back,front is behind the tire under the door towards the mirror and the back one is in front the tire alittle behind the door,there on both sides of the car...
These jack points are meant to life up one wheel only. Not the entire side of the car. So it would not help OP to do a F-R rotation.

The manual does not talk about jacking up one side of the car. It's probably not a good idea because what we think is center (of the car in the middle) is really not the center in terms of weight distribution.

If somone know of a safe (proper) way to jack up one side at a time, please educate us.

Jack points in front and after the wheel or lift at the front & rear tow hooks. The easiest way is to lift up the entire car on all fours with jackstands. Otherwise, plan on working in a 5th wheel (spare tire) into the rotation.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
These jack points are meant to life up one wheel only. Not the entire side of the car. So it would not help OP to do a F-R rotation.

The manual does not talk about jacking up one side of the car. It's probably not a good idea because what we think is center (of the car in the middle) is really not the center in terms of weight distribution.

If somone know of a safe (proper) way to jack up one side at a time, please educate us.

Jack points in front and after the wheel or lift at the front & rear tow hooks.
He is talking about jack points period in the manual.

Use jack at the lift point, place a jack stand, use front or rear jack point, put in another jack stand .. tah dah.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
He is talking about jack points period in the manual.

Use jack at the lift point, place a jack stand, use front or rear jack point, put in another jack stand .. tah dah.
True.

I don't like to do that because I can't chock up the wheel on the same side (because it's now lifted off the ground).

I think that's important because when you jack up the car, with a floor jack for example, the angle of the lift cause the jack to slide in, under the car. I won't think about the geometry angles, I rather keep 3 wheels on the ground when lifting up at a corner, because there is chance the weight could shift forward and/or sideway.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Well unless you have a lift .. you'll just have to figure out another way .. chock what you can and e-brake.

If I ever have me a big garage or storage building, I'm definitely investing in a lift.

·
Registered
594 Posts

Jack points in front and after the wheel or lift at the front & rear tow hooks. The easiest way is to lift up the entire car on all fours with jackstands. Otherwise, plan on working in a 5th wheel (spare tire) into the rotation.
Oh I'm sorry I thought there were more than one jack in this entire world or jack stands even...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Your correct. That is the question I was asking. I seen garages do it all the time where they floor jack one side of the car and both tires come off the ground. I just wasn't sure where a safest place to put the jack at.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts