Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got a 2020 touring and loving it so far. Getting it set up, but was curious if anyone knew the best place to mount an ezpass tag to avoid interference with any Honda sensing equipment.

Should it just go on the blacked out Ares left of the camera or directly on the clear part of the windshield which would put it off center more than ezpass instructions state.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've found that the ezpass can really be anywhere on the windshield - not just in the center like they state. Sometimes I toss it on the dash at the bottom of the windshield when I am switching between cars. Or holding it up in my hand. I go through a handful of tolls a year so not a big deal for me.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,942 Posts
Mine lives in the storage pocket under the radio, and when I need to use it, I just hold it up near the windshield as I go through the booth. I hardly ever use toll booths, so I figured it wouldn't be worth it to mount it to the glass.

·
Need some LSD...
82 Posts
I'm not sure how big and what size your transponder is but here in socal for our local toll roads we got these sweet maybe 1" x 4" x 0.75" transponders and it fits no problem in the black textured area to the left of the sensing stuff on the windshield. Forget it is even there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Windshield and stick it with 3M picture frame mounts just near the top of the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, emailed Honda and this is what they said: "we must advise that you can place the EZPASS any were that is not blocking the interior sensor (behind the rear-view mirror)."

·
Registered
675 Posts
It is both a sticker and a transponder. We have converted to the low profile transponders in North Texas and the dealer pays for tolls in their loaner vehicles as a perk.

·
Get off my lawn
246 Posts
The dealer loaner has it in the top corner of the passenger windshield.
View attachment 518935
I had an easy pass there in the upper right corner for years in Pennsylvania. It stopped working so I called to get a new one. They said where do you have it. I told him the corner of the windshield. They said no it must be in the middle. I said why. They said because we improved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had an easy pass there in the upper right corner for years in Pennsylvania. It stopped working so I called to get a new one. They said where do you have it. I told him the corner of the windshield. They said no it must be in the middle. I said why. They said because we improved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did they improve it if their reader fails by a two foot margin?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is just left the mirror on the black dots. We have the “flex” transponders with a switch to use when we qualify for HOV (either two or three people plus depending on which road, and what time of day). Mine is mounted upside down so that the switch on the bottom projects just over the top of the mirror so I can see it’s position and switch it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts