Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So last night i was designated driver and of course some girls can't handle their alcohol.... long story short there was a pile of vomit in my car that i had to clean up. After i heard she vomitted i immediately pulled over and got a towel out of the back of my car to scoop that shit up and chuck it out of my car. Then after we got dropped her off i got the can of upholstery cleaner that i keep in my trunk and sprayed the area down extremely liberally.

After i got home (i was out of upholstery cleaner) i grabbed a can of aerosol disinfectant and sprayed the area some more.

This happened Oct. 20 around 3 am (as of writing this it has been 17 hours since the incident). the smell of the disinfectant definitely overcame of the smell of vomit but i can still definitely smell the vomit when i get down and look for it.

I dont know how much it costs to get the seats cleaned professionally and i don't know what kind of cleaning i would ask for (Is seat shampooing usually a good deep clean?) but in the mean time i want to get another fabric cleaner to keep in my trunk since i ran out of my old stuff (which was just some cheap stuff that my mom gave me).

What are the best fabric seat cleaners on the market?

Thanks!

P.S. The car is a 2010 Honda Accord LX-P

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Chemical Guys Fabric Clean. Dilute it 1:20 in a spray bottle with hot water. Spray the area and scrub with an upholstery brush. Then just use one of those little bissel machines with hot water in the soap tank and extract the area using the hot water to rinse.

After that, use Chemical Guys Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator. Dilute it with water 1:8 and spray on. Just let it sit on the area...no need to wipe it up or extract it.

http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-fabric-clean.html

http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-extreme-offensive-odor-eliminator.html

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I bought mine it had salt stains on the seats from the beach and the drivers seat had a smorgasbord of different food and drinks imbedded in the fabric. I bought a can of Mequires carpet and upholstery cleaner. Rubbed in with microfiber towel and rinsed with clean water. They came out like new. I’m sure I would have gotten the same maybe better with blue coral or chemical guys. Detailers can steam clean.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
This is a 5 year old thread guys...hopefully he's cleaned the puke off his seat, by now..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts