Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to protect my leather rear seats in my 2016 ex-l with a child seat protector cover. Found a few on Amazon that fits under the car seat but many will leave marks on the leather when its hot outside.
There is a oem Honda rear seat cover for $ 186 here https://www.hondapartshub.com/oem-parts/honda-seat-cover-2nd-row-08p32t2a110?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwrqnYBRB-EiwAthnBFlRg8nQPNWgQMYYy6CO84owh6_K5oH9v-31qc9hMLtYmNnJugOi1hBoC5KUQAvD_BwE this looks good but hella $$

Anyone found a good one?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't you put something between the seat & cover like a cotton towel, or sew something to the back of the cover to protect the leather seat ?
I need more coverage. Have you ever had a kid drink milk and snack on crackers? It's like a tornado back there!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Like another poster stated, I've been successful with placing bath/shower size towels--and it's very easy to remove and launder. You might need to use a few towels...how much coverage are you thinking?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
May want to look for a bath sheet, or go to a fabric store to buy terry toweling in a larger size, the pet seat cover could be easily taken out & shook.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably will end up using bath towels. I found a nice dog seat cover with zippers in the middle for the arms rest but I'm concerned about the rubber like bottom layer that may stain my leather in hot weather.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use the stage 2 prince lion heart kit. Nice and durable!

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,247 Posts
I need more coverage. Have you ever had a kid drink milk and snack on crackers? It's like a tornado back there!
How about you don't allow the child to eat or drink in the car? They can wait until you get to the destination.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find regular protection works best for the kids and carseat issues. Sometimes my dog gets to hop back there so cats bring no worries either

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,991 Posts
Or, be proactive, and don't have children in the first place. This completely solves the dilemma! ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts