Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin gave me a a amplifier today, tis the db drive pd 600

here is a link for specifications
http://www.buy.com/prod/db-drive-pd...ass-d-amplifiers-600w/q/loc/111/90119874.html

i dont have much knowledge about subwoofers and amplifiers and things like this so i really need some help?

First of all is this a good amp cuz i really dont have a clue, and even if its not what type of subs would you recommend, im looking more into 2 12 inch subwoofers because i already have a box,

The DA community is great and if someone could help me out that would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
what are you goals and tastes? what music do you listen to? do you have specs on the box you already have? net volume, either sealed or ported? (if so tuning frequency)

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the music i listen to includes hip-hop, rab and rnb, i honestly just want a really good bump, i luv bass in my music and iim usually one of the poeople that listens to music really loud in their cars, btw i know the box is sealed but i have no clue about the net volume or tuning frequency

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry what do you mean by size, do you mean the dimensions of the box? , if so i dont know but i can measure it later on today

·
Registered
402 Posts
the music i listen to includes hip-hop, rab and rnb, i honestly just want a really good bump, i luv bass in my music and iim usually one of the poeople that listens to music really loud in their cars, btw i know the box is sealed but i have no clue about the net volume or tuning frequency
alright so you have a sealed enclosure and we're waiting on the dimensions, make sure you measure the wood thickness you can do that by measuring the depth of the cutout.

once we get that we can see how much space you have to work with. j/w have you tried putting this enclosure in the trunk before?

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright so you have a sealed enclosure and we're waiting on the dimensions, make sure you measure the wood thickness you can do that by measuring the depth of the cutout.

once we get that we can see how much space you have to work with. j/w have you tried putting this enclosure in the trunk before?
actually yes i have tried putting it in my trunk and it fits in just fine,

the dimensions of the box are as follows
(all of these measurements are in inches)

length = 31 3/4
width = 13
height = 14 1/2

i have attatched pictuers of the enclosure so you can get a clearer picture, btw i appriciate everyone tryin to help me out

the subs in the enclosure also belonged to my cousin and he ended up blowing them, they were actually connected to the same amplifier that i showed in my earlier post, hes not much of an audio guy himself, he told me that he literally had the amp and subs for maybe around 2 weeks before he blew them, and he says that the red protect light used to light up on the amplifier, and he just ignored it (i dont know if this is of any importance but i thought i might share as it might be helpful) the reason he gave me all this is because he just doesnt have the space in his car for any kind of audio setup

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
what's wrong with the subs that are already in the box ?

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they are blown, please read the full post above

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Invest in stock of a good Hearing Aid company.

You will need one in 20 years.

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ugh woops:lmao: lol i gues that proves my point of not bein much of an audio guy haha

soo ny recommendations?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Sure

I'd advise to get a new box made for whatever sub you go with.

I'd go with a sundown sa 12 dual 2 ohm.

Gets loud, sounds good, and works in smaller enclosures.

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
althoough i would love to take your advise and get a new box, it really just isnt an option right now,im a student right now so i do have to try and budget, im just thankful i got this box and amp to be honest

i will look into the sundown sa 12 dual 2 ohm subs, do you have any other suggestions?

+

i just wanted to clarify about the amplifiers protect light being on when my cousin blew his subs should i be worried about that?, could there be somethign wrong with the amp, or did he just overpower the subs?

edit: btw i can spend maybe around $100 - 150 per sub

·
Lovin Da Accord
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Simple

buy 1 sub and spend the other 150 on a custom box

1 sub in the right box>2 subs in a shitty box
yah i guess that makes sense, but wat about the amp withe protect light i mentioned, will i have any problems with that?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts